371 - 380

Chapter 371: Much-anticipated

The Venice Film festival was also known as the "Father of Film Festivals." It was an internationally renowned Film Festival where many stars would gather.

This was the first time in two lifetimes for Yun Xiangxiang to join such a grand Film Festival. She was excited and somewhat nervous.

"Don't worry, follow me later." Lu Jin comforted her gently, seeming to notice that she was a little nervous.

"Hahahaha, it's okay. Just be calm and treat it as a local event." He Xingzhou grinned.

It was not the first time for both of them to attend International Film Festivals. Moreover, they had both won movie superstar awards before in the International Film Festivals.

"I'm just excited." She rolled her eyes at him.

It was exciting. Not because she was worried if she would get any awards, but because it was inevitable to experience emotional ups and downs for any first time experiences in life.

"You will get used to it in the future." Lu Jin was very optimistic about her journey as a star.

"The competition for the best actress this time is a little bit of a cliff hanger." Wu Zhao had to let her prepare herself.

"I did not expect to win the award in the first place." Yu Xiangxiang smiled genuinely.

The film "The King's Plan" was male-oriented, as its highlights were the hotblooded battles amongst men. Hou Cang had more screen time than she did.

The judgment for the best actress was not based on how much screen time an actor had. It could burst in their acting skills in a particular scene that conquered the judges and the audience.

However, there were countless excellent works internationally. The reason why Yun Xiangxiang's role was considered the heroine was probably that the main hero pursued her character.

Excluding this factor, her role was to support the main hero to seem more realistic and emotional so that the film would be a little softer.

So it was impossible to compete to be the best actress.

"Don't be discouraged, the theme of this year's Film Festival is "the past," which gives our film a great advantage." Wu Zhao cheered again.

The Venice Film Festival had a unique feature that every session will have a theme. The theme usually hinted at which film would receive the awards.

"The King's Plan" was a historical film, which of course, meant it was in the past.

"The main creative team of "The King's Wisdom" will be on the red carpet next."

At the same moment they heard their film being introduced, the hostess walked over to invite them onto the red carpet.

Yun Xiangxiang held onto Lu Jin and He Xingzhou, while Wu Zhao walked alone.

Lu Jin wore a silver-gray suit today, while He Xingzhou wore a white suit. The colors of the two made her purple more eye-catching.

Her style today was noble and elegant. The silk itself had luster. The styled mosaic diamonds enveloped the purple jade with dazzling brilliance.

Zhou Jie used silver glitter on her hair. Her hair shone as she walked like stars in the night sky. It coordinated well with the diamonds of her earrings and the gloss of her gown.

It was as if she was wrapped in twilight stars, like a goddess walking out of the night with the halo of saints.

The spotlights shone on her without stopping as soon as she appeared. She kept a polite smile from beginning till the end, occasionally releasing Lu Jin or He Xingzhou to wave at her fans who came to support her.