"Smart man. I like him more and more each day," John replied with a grin and Mae rolled her eyes at him. 

"What are you going to do today then? Because there's no way in hell I will allow you to get on a horse," John told her. 

"Introduce Evie to the wonderful world of Disney," Mae replied and John chuckled. 

"Go get her and I'll make you some hot cocoa," John told her. 

"I love you, Daddy," Mae grinned at him. 

"I love you too, Sweetheart."

xxx

The next day Mae walked over to Ryan and Colby sitting on the fence and drinking beers while the rest practised their roping

The next day Mae walked over to Ryan and Colby sitting on the fence and drinking beers while the rest practised their roping. She was growing bored by not working but she did promise Ryan that she would give it a break. 

"Hi, Darlin'," Ryan grinned as he moved over to give her some space on the fence. She climbed up and greeted both him and Colby. 

"Hey, Sweet Tooth, you not roping?" Teeter called out to Colby. 

"We're on cooler patrol," Colby called back as he handed Mae a beer. She nodded in thanks before curling into Ryan's side. 

"Come on, don't be intimidated. You got to come up here and rope with Mama," Teeter called back. 

"Yeah get out there and rope with Mama, this cooler's going to be safe with us," Ryan grinned back. 

"Go on Colby, she likes her boy toys to be obedient," Mae teased and Ryan choked on his beer from laughter. 

"Fuck you both. Your jokes are getting old," Colby shook his head, but even he couldn't keep the small grin off of his face from Mae's comment. 

"Not even a little," Ryan shook his head. 

"Like super old," Colby replied. 

"They age like fine wine," Ryan added. 

"Just accept the fact that we're always going to be funny," Mae replied. 

"There are turtles that live two hundred and fifty years, your jokes are older," Colby told them. 

"Are you three a throuple?" the new girl that arrived with Jimmy asked. Laramie choked on her laughter and even Mae chuckled. 

"In Colby's dreams," Mae replied while Laramie busted out laughing. Ryan couldn't keep the grin off of his face as he kissed her while Colby shook his head at the two. 

"I'm Mae Dutton, and you are?" Mae asked as she reached out her hand for the new girl to shake. 

"Dutton, like the owner of the ranch?" The girl asked as she shook Mae's hand and Mae nodded, "Wow, um I'm Emily, Jimmy's fiance." 

"Fiance? When did Jimmy get a fiance?" Mae asked confused. 

"Down in Texas," the brown-haired girl replied.