Battling Through Marineford

"Death Wink!" Ivankov exclaims before a burst of air pushes Luffy and I out of the way just as Kizaru sends the beam of light right at us that explodes like a bomb off in the water.

Luffy's arms instantly wrap around me as we go rolling off to the side. The scrapes and bruises instantly form, but that is nothing compared to the fate we just narrowly escaped.

"That was a close call," I groan.

"Not too hurt, are you dumpling?" Luffy asks.

"Too much going on to worry about small injuries."

He quickly pops back up to his feet, taking me with him. "That was close! Thanks Iva!"

"Truly a life saver!"

"It's my duty to make sure you survive!" Ivankov snaps as he raises both fists. "And you're included in that, Straw Boy's girlfriend!"

"She's more than my girlfriend!" Luffy shouts.

I chuckle, "I'll let that kind of thing slide today."

Another flash of light gets us all to look back over to where we're headed, preparing ourselves for another light beam attack.

"Another one, Kizaru!?" Ivankov growls. "No, wait! Kuma!"

As the beam focuses on a target, it reveals the one controlling it, which is none other than Kuma with his mouth wide open.

"Hey! That's the guy who separated me and my crew!" Luffy shouts. "The guy who looks like Kuma!"

"Kuma is the original while the PX's are the copies, Luffy!" I shout.

Kuma sends a beam at Ivankov that makes multiple explosions occur. An attack that would kill any normal person if it made contact.

Thankfully Ivankov is quick to spin out of the way to avoid getting seriously hurt. "Rolling Spa!" Ivankov pops back up to his feet as he glares at the faux Kuam. "Bartholomew Kuma! You creep! Just because they made you a Warlord doesn't mean you can fire your laser at an old friend!"

At this point Luffy and I have made a little progress forward before having to take out some Marines. It's the first time I've used my new daggers in battle, aiming for people's sides to immobilize them long enough to knock them out with a punch. Luffy is sending punches and kicks as quickly as he can, but we seem to be trapped fighting worthless opponents.

"You're not getting away!" a deep woman's voice speaks up, and the iron bars that surround us a second later shock me. "Kimono Sleeve Cage!"

I look over to see a young woman with pale pink hair, sunglasses pushed up to her forehead, a cigarette between her lips, and the typical white Marine coat overtop a dark red suit.

"I remember you from Alabasta!" Luffy huffs as he glares at the woman.

"Everything that passes through my body becomes imprisoned!" she declares.

"I'm sick of being locked up!" Luffy places his hands on his knees as he powers up for Second Gear. "Keep up with me, Akari!"

"Will do, Captain!" I shout.

As the bars are brought together by the Marine woman, Luffy and I quickly jump out of the way to avoid being trapped. The Marines that we were fighting seconds ago aren't as lucky as they become trapped.

"Hey, Hina!" the Marines cry out.

"They're too fast!" Hina's voice barely reaches my ears. "I couldn't even see them! Hina failed!"