Pop Idol AU Filler Chapter 1

I look out at the sea of people crowded into the arena on this perfect evening. This is the biggest place we've ever preformed at in all our years together, and I can feel the butterflies going wild in my gut. I've worked hard my whole life for this moment. All those hours practicing my singing and dancing have led to this moment. Everything has led to this moment on this stage with the best group around me to put on an amazing show for all those that have shown up to see us.

My group is the Going Merry under the management of Straw Hat Co. that was actually started by my father. I'm the face of Going Merry as the lead dancer, vocalist, and visuals for the girl group. Not saying that the others aren't in the spotlight, I've just always been pushed to the front. The same goes for my brother. That's what happens with being the founder's kids.

Anyways, my stage name is Angel, given to me by my best girl friend and the manager for my group that takes amazing care of our finances. I've been in the idol world since I could walk, as my dad always brought me around to see all the groups there were getting ready to debut. It was always my dream to give it a shot to be like all those people I watched growing up, and all I had to do was sweetly smile at my father when I asked for a chance. Thus, the Going Merry was formed.

It didn't take long to find a group of girls that I could trust and wanted to join in on the journey that I was embarking on. First there was my best girl-friend Nami that agreed to sign on with Straw Hat Co. if she could manage only Going Merry and take care of everything on the money side of things. She's also the stylist for our group in a way, since not all of us have a good eye when it comes to what's in in fashion.

Then there is Vivi (stage name: Princess) who is mainly a singer for the group, considering she was professionally trained from a young age in singing. There are songs where she sings more than me, which I encourage since I wouldn't be anywhere without the rest of the group. The two of us are the most in sync when on stage, and we totally swapped lives for a day back when we were younger. If she didn't have a boyfriend now, I'm sure that we still would be pranking everyone that way.

Next is Kaya who is dating one of my other friends, so when she was introduced to me one day as an aspiring dancer, I knew that I had to get her in the group. She doesn't sing much more than harmonizing in the backgrounds since her main passion is dancing. When we have dance breaks during songs, her and the other girl who focuses more on dancing then anything else will take center stage.

That other girl is Koala, also introduced to me through a mutual friend. She can sing, dance, and play the bass if need be. From the underground music scene to the biggest stages in the world, she deserves to show everyone the skills she has in whatever way she wants to. For the most part that is dancing alongside Kaya when the time comes.

Last to join the group was Perona (stage name: Ghost) who mainly dances in the group, and when the song permits, she can lay down an incredible rap. Her joining was a bit of a surprise for me, but it kind of made sense when I looked at the boy group that was forming alongside us. Her crush on the drummer is sweet, as she isn't the only one crushing on someone from that group. Except, acting on those crushes is a bit difficult.

Any of us girls that weren't dating before agreeing to join the group found ourselves in a tough spot when it came to relationships. I've watched enough idols have to go through horrible situations with fans, haters, and the media. We didn't want to subject ourselves to that, so we made a small vow within our group to protect one another. That didn't necessarily mean we wouldn't date, but it meant we would be as careful as possible with romantic relationships. As we've gotten older, it has definitely gotten harder to be careful, yet we still do what we can to protect one another. It would be a lot easier if the boys in the boy group my brother leads weren't so damn handsome.