before || 1

it was just a normal day, i just got home from school and didn't want to be home. our mom wasn't herself. home felt so empty and lonely without our brother. my sister was a bitch to me and my brother.

i was the youngest of all of us kids.

our older brother who passed away, our sister, justin who just goes by chetta and then me.

our mom wasn't a mom right now. i've never seen her like this before.

as soon as i walk inside the house she was sitting in the kitchen and everything was packed up.

"what's going on?" i ask and she smiles.

"we are moving to new orleans to be closer to grandma." she says as i nod.

"i got your stuff packed up in your room. you won't have to share rooms anymore." she says as i nod.

"okay mom." i say as i look in my room and see everything was out in a few boxes.

* new orleans *

we got to new orleans and was fully moved into the new house. it was nice.

better than our older house.

my sister has just a few months to go until she graduates.

i was 17 years old.

i had a long time to go.

this morning i woke up and begged and begged my mom to let me be homeschooled.

so she was going to figure it out.

we've moved so much im tired of meeting people. i'm tired of making new friends because why just in a few more years i'll be going to college and leaving again.

there is no point in it.

i was in my room putting all my stuff up and rearranging it when my brother comes into the room.

"hey so i met some guys. they are really dope and they make music. come hang with us. i know you don't wanna go to school." he says as he sits on my bed.

"i'm okay, i don't want to meet anyone." i say as he nods.

"we all three are talking about making some music together and you are the only one that has believed in me about this music shit. come on." he says as i laugh.

"i'll think about it bubs." i say as he nods.

* hours later *

i spent all day getting my room together and cleaning the whole house. i am a clean freak and everything has to be organized so i decided while my mom was gone to do that for her.

i finished up cleaning and was lighting candles when my mom comes in the door and she had papers in her hands.

"you are officially homeschooled val." she says as she hands them too me.

i smile from ear to ear.

i have been working back home so i had money saved to get a computer or laptop. chetta was also selling drugs on the side and he never left me hanging. he was practically the one supporting me.

our sister got everything she wanted from our dad.

she was his little slave.

"bubs do you think we can go look at laptop's tomorrow?" i ask him as i go into his room.

he was smoking.

"shut the door and get in here." he says as i walk into his room and shut the door.

"mom told me i can smoke as long as i do it out the window." he says as i laugh.

"let me hit it." i say as he hands it over.

as i hit it our moms comes into his room.

"valarie chetta." she says as i look at chetta and we laugh.

"mom there is no escaping it." he says as she just shakes her head.

"i was coming in to say that we don't really have anything to cook for dinner so if you guys want to go get something you can." she says as i nod.

"my friends dad had a restaurant here so we can go get dinner there." chetta says as mom nods.

"be careful." she says as she shuts the door and chetta gets up and looks around for his money.

"i gotta give mom money for the bills for this month so spending will be low until i can find people here to buy but let's go, and yes we can go look for laptop's tomorrow." he says as i laugh.

"got it sir." i say as i follow him.

our life has always been a mess. since we where born our family has always been dragged through the mud. we just grew up in a shitty environment and it's unfortunate but we make do.

our older brother was our escape from the world.

but now it's just me and chetta against the world.

and i'm sure he doesn't want to drag his little sister around everywhere but we have no choice. all we had was eachother at a certain point.

that's all we know is eachother.

we had to learn to deal with life with shitty upbringings but one day we'll make it out.

a/n- okay i deleted the first chapter but this is going to be a split story of how scott and val met. those chapters are going to be called before. the chapters about them after being together and having kids is going to be called after. i thought this would be a cool idea :)) enjoy!!