Then there's Dominic.

Just thinking about his reaction sent shivers up my spine. I had seen in Nyx's memories how possessive Darius was about his "dynasty" and Dominic had already put his hands on me before so no matter what I don't think he's above forcing me to go through with it. Even if I have a kid, I don't know what kind of parent he might be. What if he does that to our child as well? If I tell my parents, there's a chance that this information might leak out to him. My parents are easy to guilt trip.

Do you think...we could actually be..?

It is a possibility.

Fear and panic gripped my heart. I really did not want to do this. I don't want to be pregnant. I'm not ready. I don't even know if I ever want kids. I'm practically a kid myself. If this news ever got out, maybe my parents will force me to keep it. Maybe they will force me out. I'll have to live with Dominic forever, and now I won't be able to fight him. He'll just dump those kid(s) on me and I will spend the rest of my days taking care of them. They'll grow up with the same fear of Dominic that I live in.

Jai. I'm here. I won't let this happen. Nyx assured me.

I was surprised that Nyx wasn't freaking out. He had been through so many painful experiences, the prospect of Darius' domineering personality should have paralysed him in fear but he was confident that we will escape this. I really appreciated the optimism no matter how ephemeral it may be.

DING!

My alarm ran out and I looked at the test. It clearly flashed negative. And my phone buzzed with a response to my message.

Sameer: I'm outside.

_______________________________

Abhijeet's POV

He's been in there for a minute now.

He must be so scared.

I wanted to knock on the bathroom door to reassure him that we're here. He doesn't need to worry. We will do whatever he wants, he's a smart kid I trust him to make the right call.

I always knew this day would come, when my little boy would have a little baby of his own. The day he'd stop being the precious little child who came into our life 2 months pre-mature and completed our little family. He was such a precocious child, never cried and was so happy. He followed me around wherever I went, on his little legs like a baby deer trying to find his footing. When he fell, I rushed to him fully expecting him to cry but he just flashed his beautiful brown eyes at me and smiled.

"Papa I fall!" He giggled and clapped his hands in joy.

"Are you hurt bachha (baby)?"

He just laughed more, fell on his back and started sucking his thumb. I sometimes forget he's a baby and doesn't understand words. I smile as he grabbed my thumb with his little hand.

"Papa..." he said.

"Yes bachha?"

"Papa." He said emphatically like he was trying to tell me something.

"Really?" I asked very seriously like he was telling me something so interesting.

He nodded and said, "Papa". He loved talking and making sure I was listening to his every word even if all of them were just "papa". If I didn't give him attention when he wanted, he'd cry.

A spoilt little daddy's prince.

I was relishing that memory when the door to the bathroom abruptly opened and Jai came out unceremoniously. His eyes were red and he looked tired.