"Never been in a hotel before?" Allen asked. I turned my head to him with a raised brow. You could almost see the realization hit him. "Oh, right." He sighed and headed to the couch, taking a seat.

I walked up to him and sat next to him, leaning over so my head was on his shoulder. "Are you okay?" We hadn't talked about the issue yet. We'd run off to catch one plane after the other, only having superficial conversations on the way. We hadn't gotten to the matter at hand yet. Not really.

"No, I am not." He said, running his hand through his hair. It was beginning to get considerably longer than it had been when we met.

I pressed my lips together. "Did I make it worse? By coming here?"

"He shook his head. "Not worse. no one could make it worse. I'm just stressed is all. and hungry."

I snorted. "No wonder. I thought that private jets were meant to be luxurious. What kind of those doesn't have food?"

He laughed dryly. "The kind that was asked to fly with an hour's notice. They didn't have the time." He shifted in the couch.

"Do you need to take a hot shower? To loosen your muscles? You've been sitting down for quite a few hours today."

He turned his head. "So have you."

nodded. "I have, yes, but... I've been relaxing and taking hot showers plenty, lately. You deserve to relax and take care of yourself too. Go on, hop in a shower. Take a nice, long, warm shower. I'll order room service and we can have a nice little dinner up here, just the two of us. Then off to bed early, with us. Okay?"

He sighed, seeming both defeated and relieved, but then kissed my forehead. "You... are so, so worth it. All of this. Every fucked up bit." He said, and then let his hand glide from my cheek, down my shoulder and the length of my arm, finally letting go of my hand to head into the bathroom.

I headed over to the desk and found a phone with a menu card next to it. I skimmed through it, fancy dishes that I couldn't pronounce the name of. Not even a kids menu to use as a last resort. I scanned through the menu, with my phone in my hand to look up the foods, and finally settled on something I was pretty sure both me and Allen would like and then...

I flipped to the last page, with specialties, clearly of a more romantic nature. Including a menu item with fresh strawberries, melted chocolate and a bottle of pink sparkling wine. I bit my lip, thinking back to the little thing I'd thrown in my suitcase, just in case, while Allen had been downstairs back at the cabin.

My stomach twisted at the thought. Allen and I hadn't been close, properly close since... I released a breath.

I called the number and asked for our food, a pitcher of ice water with lemon, and the love-night special with the strawberries and chocolate. I added the last bit a little more quietly, just to make sure that Allen wouldn't hear me saying it through the bathroom door with his freakish hearing.

Knowing Allen, I didn't have much time - even if I'd asked him to take the long shower. I headed for my suitcase, quickly opening it and finding the back compartment where I'd stored the things that I wanted to keep a little hidden away - just in case I hadn't felt ready yet.

I yanked off my clothes, trying to be as elegant and quiet as possible. Then put on the teddy. I took a quick glance at myself in the mirror. It would've been nice if I'd had the time to shave, but then again, Allen had never seemed to mind if I was a bit fluffy... which was only fair, I suppose, considering that the guy is literally a wolf. I threw on one of the large bathrobes that had been placed on the bed - I'm beginning to like fancy hotels.