BC108: Thieves' Gambit (Baba Tribe vs. Heroes)-5

[Opener: Dua Lipa--"Swan Song"]

 "Hey," Jaune called to the front entrance squad, "there's a bunch of Grimm covering the passageways inside."

"They're trying to stop us from finding the leader!" Pyrrha guessed.

She sliced at one. But another one grew over it.

"This is not going to work," she said.

Jaune tugged at one, hoping it would run from him, but these Grimm were more stubborn.

"I guess Mala can protect herself," he said.

"We can't just let her do this," Pyrrha insisted.

Penny and Kip were cuffing the bandits that Arkos had just ploughed through like it was nothing, but the others hurried to catch up to them.

"I see," Theo said. "I always knew too many plants was just a pain in the a--."

He tossed a grenade at the mass of them.

"Wait a second!" Jaune jumped to knock Pyrrha back farther from them before the grenade exploded.

It did create a huge hole in the plants.

Theo raced in there without further ado.

"He's crazy!" Jaune cried.

"We knew that," Pyrrha said. "Come on, hurry."

She plunged after him.

"They're both crazy!" Sun called. 

The thorns were already trying to grow back.

Jaune hastened to follow Pyrrha, and Nora vaulted herself through, with Ren right behind her.

"Wait!" Jasmine plunged in after them.

Ruby grabbed Oscar and burst into rose petals, just making it through as the thorns closed too tightly.

Gira was a second too late following them.

He tore at the vines, but they just started to drain his Aura out instead, and he let go.

"I hope they're enough to help," Sun said. "'Cause I'm not sure if we can get in there after them."

"I'm sure they'll meet up with the others," Kali said. "But, Dear...there's another problem."

She motioned.

Animalistic Grimm were coming down over the rock ledges of the cavern towards them.

"How many does this place have?" Sun asked.

"Aren't they Irasci?" Kip suddenly said.

He was right--they were. And they began to screech.

Anger began to fill some of the fighters.

However, it did not quite affect them the way the Grimm might have intended.

Because that rage turned against the Grimm themselves.

The huntsmen with them, and even the ones outside the cave watching for strangers, suddenly fell upon the Grimm they saw with more vim and vigor than before.

Team CFVY especially started kicking major butt with the Grimm that were starting to surround them because the tribe's scouts had recovered and were closing in.

Team CTTS went after the scouts themselves, as it happened that they had a lot of tracking training. Being Valeans, they already had some experience navigating woods, and they didn't get shaken easily in the trees, as the scouts tried to hide and use the Grimm to pin them down.