BC97: Belly of the Beast (Cinder & Co.)-2

While Cinder was being dealt with by Mala, Hypnosia had avoided the debauchery-filled revelry in the center of the hideout and edged to her own quarters.

The Grimm that were growing everywhere snatched at her feet whenever she veered too close to them, and they seemed to know she had been "debugged", as it were.

Mino had disappeared to his own place, likely not wishing to be asked about the capture.

Hypnosia went in her tent and began to gather all the stuff she might actually need, if they escaped by some miracle, and all the weapons she still had lying around.

While she was doing this, she heard the muffled cries of one of the other prisoners being harassed by one of the other bandits.

Grimm free, the sound bothered her now. She tried to block it out--and then when it started to be too easy, she freaked out.

Already being back in here she could feel herself being pulled back to the same indifference to anyone else's welfare as before. Even if it wasn't inside her, the air was thick with it.

Slapping herself to focus her mind, she stepped out of the tent.

The Grimm, vine-like things were not that far away... Was it just her or had they gotten closer to her tent, even, since she went in it?

"Sand." Mala startled her by appearing from around the corner.

Hypnosia stiffened. "Milady." She bowed politely.

"I have a question: You did capture the prisoner alone, correct?" Mala said.

Hypnosia nodded. "Yes."

She was a pretty good liar, she'd been told.

Mala didn't seem to sense any dishonesty.

"You should have weakened her more--but I suppose they countered all our weapons..." she mused to herself.

"Milady, if I may ask, what are you going to to do with her now?" Hypnosia asked. "Make her pay for what they've done to us?"

"Eventually." Mala laced her fingers together like a villain in a movie. "But there's a bit more use for her so far. I told the boys to make her a little more docile."

Hypnosia cringed inwardly. Not that Fall hadn't known that might happen...

"Of course she probably will put up a fight, but I don't care about that," Mala mused. "More importantly, I'm sure those useless heroes will be wondering what happened to her. They'll never find this place, but they'll likely be perusing the area they think we're in. I'm halting all excursions till they've moved on. We have enough for now, and we can hit them harder after they've lowered their guard. However, there's someone I need you to collect first."

"Who?" Hypnosia asked.

"A couple someones actually," Mala corrected. "You, Mino, and someone else who's good at stealth. Our contact in Vacuo has decided to flee the kingdom. Apparently they were onto him. Better for them not to know more than we want them to know. I want him brought here for now. And I think he can help you find the other person I want. Fall's partner...the shoe guy."

"Him?" Hypnosia felt a chill. "What use is he?"

"I didn't ask for your opinion," Mala said harshly, then she shrugged. "I think we'll find him pretty useful... Besides, I'm tired of them evading our Grimm attacks so easily. I want the Silver-Eyed warriors more, but they'll never go down so easily without some bait. I think this should do it. You can capture them without any fuss."

"Of course," Hypnosia said, but inwardly she was panicking.

She couldn't bring anyone else here--that would upset their whole plan! Getting Cinder and them out of here alive was already nearly impossible, but a 4th person would be even more so.