Broken

Chris POV

Knocking on Roxy's door for the 100th time and she still isn't answering. She's barely been reachable since that scum bag left and I don't know how to help her. She's such a wonderful person and I don't understand how anyone could ever treat her so badly. Eventually I give up, I know she keeps a key around the porch somewhere so I start searching. I finally find it under the loose brick on the left side of the door. Opening it up, I look around. The house is in darkness and I can't see a soul in sight.

I walk towards Roxy's room and I hear the TV on low, I also hear her singing. She sings to Sarah every now and then and she sounds beautiful but she has such a sad tone to her voice today. I gently knock on the door so I don't startle her and she looks up, I notice the sadness in her eyes and the dried tears on her face. She offers me a sad smile and looks back down at a sleeping Sarah in her arms. She walks towards me and whispers "I'll be back"
I nod and let her through, making myself comfy on her bed.

As  she comes back in she sits down next to me and sighs "why are you here Chris? I told you I'm fine"
"Your a bad liar Roxy"
"I'm not..." she looks up and takes a deep breath "fine I'm lying. Happy. You can go now"
"No. Rox come on, don't let him do this"
She stands and starts to pace back and forth "it's not just him Chris, it's all men. Present company excluded they all just see me as someone to pass the time. I don't think I'm ever going to find someone who I can have a future with"

"Roxy don't say that. Your a beautiful amazing woman and you will find the right guy"
She shakes her head "I don't think so Chris, I can't keep doing it anymore. I won't, I'm done. It's just me and Sarah that's all that matters"
"Roxy...you can't just give up..."
"Yes I can. And I am"
She says as she walks towards her kitchen, I don't know how to convince her that her true love is out there but I need to do it fast because she doesn't deserve to be alone.

Roxy POV

I stand and make a coffee, I meant what I said love just isn't for me. I'm fine on my own with Sarah and I don't need a guy. I hear Chris come out after me, he leans up against the counter and crosses his arm.
"Rox you can't just give up on love"
"Why not? Is there a rule that says you have to be with another person. No there isn't. I'm done, I won't give my heart to another man who is just going to break it in two"
"I know you've had some shitty luck with guys but not all men are like that"
"I know that Chris. I just think my heart right now needs a break and I need to protect it. I'm going to focus on Sarah and the life I want her to have. That's all that matters right now"
He wraps his arms around me and holds me close "I'm sorry this happened to you. Just please don't let it break you"

"I'm trying Chris, really I am"
He nods and pulls away "how about we order some food and chill out for the evening?"
"Sounds good. I just need to shower quickly"
"Okay. I'll order"
I nod and walk into the bathroom, I take a look in the mirror and I make a silent pledge to my self "I will not allow another man to break my heart. My heart is now and forever will be locked away tightly"