Part 14

My lady kissed me, and no words were necessary, her lips conveyed more than a thousand words ever could, holding onto Bela's waist, we shared passionate kisses, my heart pounding with joy, I felt incredibly happy, words couldn't capture the sheer beauty of the moment I was living with this extraordinary woman.

"You're a girl I've known for a while, yet I've only recently met you, but despite that, my love and gratitude for you have no bounds, I hold no grudges against our early days together."

I expressed as Bela traced her fingers across my face, accentuating each word.

"I can't control both my love for you and my longing for your blood, it torments me to even consider being apart from you."

"Being with you always puts a smile on my face." I mentioned, flashing a reassuring smile.

"Hm, really?" Bela's eyes sparkled as she inquired.

"You're the first and only person who's stood by my side, offering protection and happiness, spending most of your time with me."

I said, turning towards her and delicately touching her face, my fingers traced over her features, reveling in her touch against my skin.

"You've filled the emptiness in my life that was once plagued by sorrow, your presence has brought so much joy when most others rejected me, you're the only one who embraced my flaws and supported me with such care."

"I have something to share as well." Bela whispered, drawing closer.

"What is it?" I asked, filled with curiosity.

"I just need a hug." Bela's emotions overwhelmed her, and she wrapped me in her embrace, holding me tight while her sweet scent lingered in the air.

I tightly shut my eyes, trying to rub away the blurriness caused by a sudden wave of exhaustion, struggling to clear my vision to see her clearly, I knew this fatigue wasn't from staying up late, it was a result of my current weakness caused by the blood I had consumed from Bela.

"Thank you for always being there, for everything, Bela." I spoke, using my index finger to halt her words from escaping my lips. "I don't want any promises from you, everyone who promised to stay ended up leaving without giving me any reasons that justified hurting my feelings or taking advantage of me, they've all gone."

Unconsciously, I let tears flow from my eyes not out of weakness but out of the comfort of sharing with her, a comfort in staying with her.

"Don't make promises, just stay." I lowered my hand, allowing her to speak her mind.

Bela, in her body language, conveyed her first sentence by drawing close to envelop my body with hers, wrapping her arms around me, her head nestled between my neck and shoulder, her preferred spot for an embrace and kisses.

"Promises are hollow words shielding people unworthy of them, masks concealing escape and betrayal, not everyone deserves the weight of a promise, the value of promises fades once they're made public, those truly interested will preserve their commitments discreetly, without boasting about their ability to keep them." Bela expressed, drawing back slightly from the warmth of our embrace, taking a deep breath that reinstated a sense of security within me. "Do it whenever you can, rather than just saying it."

Her words brought a warmth, and I smiled back at her while she continued speaking. "That's why I won't make any promises, even if you were to ask for them."

I didn't want to break away from her embrace, but she insisted I finish my meal, I urged her to share the dish with me, despite her initial reluctance, and I fed Bela just as she had fed me before.

"Next time, make sure to invite your wife." Bela teased, ending her words with a chuckle.

We laughed together lightly, our laughter intertwining. "Don't worry, leave that to your husband." I responded playfully.

"What would you like to do now, dragã?"

"I think I'd like to visit your room this time, instead of staying in mine."

Bela promptly led me to her room, where I observed the details that mirrored her personality, dark and neutral tones dominated by rich brown hues, with minimal intrusion of any other colors.

Normally, I faced her directly, our chests pressed together, but this time I chose to position myself with my back toward her, still close enough to feel her presence despite our bodies being apart.

Her neck always welcomed my face, her breath and kisses gently grazing the back of my neck and shoulder, her arms curved around my body just below my chest, enveloping me in a complete back hug where she made sure to encircle my legs between hers.

She squeezed my thighs, pulling me closer, prompting me to adjust my seating position towards her, her hand remained on my thigh, indicating her attentive focus on every part of my body from top to bottom.

"I love you." I expressed.

Bela smiled and locked eyes with me. "Forget that mundane word and show me real love."

With those words, she kissed my lips, and I reciprocated, holding each other closely, in our cuddle, I felt secure, dispelling the earlier fear, yet even her contradictions seemed beautiful and perfectly fitting for me because she was my Bela.