Part 4

I blinked awake as water splashed on my face, opening my eyes, I was initially disoriented about my location, it took me a few seconds to grasp that I was in a dimly lit, desolate forest.

I tried to rise swiftly when memories of my previous unconsciousness flooded back, I recalled the attack by an unknown woman, and now, unmistakably, I was kidnapped, this forest was unfamiliar, as if I were in another land, I confronted the harsh reality of immobilization, my body felt drugged and refused to budge.

"The man has awakened!" A feminine voice exclaimed, as another addressed me.

"Don't fret, we won't end your life or confine you, our mistress has no such intentions, you're restrained to prevent trouble, and for the next hour, your body won't budge due to the impact of blood loss."

Clad in identical black servant's attire, the two girls exuded a composed demeanor in both their behavior and speech, yet I remained oblivious to the identity of their mistress.

I was utterly bewildered by the swift turn of events, one moment I was in the department, and now I stood in an unnamed, unfamiliar forest, why had these bloodsuckers abducted me? I had no clue about her identity or origin, the term "vampire" lingered in my thoughts, driven by the memory of her powerful bite, sharp teeth sinking into my neck, leaving me bleeding and in pain.

"What are you going to do with me? where are you taking me?"

I questioned as the two girls carried me, one held my right hand and the other held my left, assisting me as they guided me along an unfamiliar path, seemingly leading out of the eerie, silent forest.

I continued to inquire, attempting to maintain composure and steadiness in my tone despite the fear tightening its grip on me, various worst-case scenarios played out in my mind.

"Our mistress will explain, not us, and by the way, we are in Romania!"

The girl holding my right hand spoke, and I gasped at the revelation of our location.

"How? I hadn't been in this land before I passed out, how did I end up here?"

Numerous questions raced through my mind, and I was genuinely overwhelmed by anxiety, but I managed to keep my nerves in check.

I had to calm down, it wasn't in my best interest to provoke them, especially with their sharp knives, it seemed they held more control over the situation than I did, considering my injuries and drained energy.

After about an hour of walking, leaving my feet weak, the two girls finally stopped, out of curiosity, I looked around to grasp my location, it appeared to be a long path with snow-covered grass, and some modest houses were visible in the distance, I realized it was a village.

One of the girls opened a large gate in front of us, and they continued to lead me inside, my eyes met the sight of a castle that seemed from the Victorian era, stunning, flourishing, and grand in size, I could tell it housed various corridors, multiple rooms, and different areas.

"Where exactly have you brought me?" I inquired.

"This is Castle Dimitrescu." Came the response from the girl holding my left hand.

The two women stood firm, obedient to their orders, signaling for me to approach the door and open it, as I envisioned encountering that irritating tall woman, thoughts of escaping crossed my mind, but the notion was swiftly dismissed as I caught a glimpse of the sharp knives aimed in my direction.

'They can't read thoughts, can they? isn't that so?' I muttered to myself as I moved forward reluctantly in their company, my heart pounded strongly, filled with fear about what lay ahead, when only two steps separated me from the door, I stopped walking, swallowing nervously.