(ISMFITLT! AU): Find Bruno

Alma's eyes widened as she looked at the text box in front of her, the painting having creaked open after she had saw it doing it so. She reread the box, over and over.

System

Entering this painting will lead into the walls of Casita. Would you like to proceed?

- YES    - NO

Alma didn't know how yo react. The walls? Casita had walls that you could enter? Her eyes caught how her mission was updated. Her...finding Bruno mission. She tapped on it, and it had been starred and prioritized. Meaning she had found the next clue. Taking a deep breath, she clicked the "Yes" option. The painting suddenly opened, and Alma was thrown in.

She stood, coughing as she dusted herself off. It was dark, and damp. Creaks and groans could be heard, as she squinted her eyes. Her soul practically left her body when another box popped up.

Shop

Purchase "Candle" for 3 butterflies?

- BUY  - NO THANKS

Alma thought for a moment before shurgging and buying it. She had some butterflies to spare. After a confirm of her purchase, a candle in a holder appeared, and she grabbed it. Walking slowly, she  looked around. There were buckets...and spackle and some other things typically used to repair stuff. Her eyes widened as she saw the cracks that had been patched on the wall.

Who could've done this? It wasn't anyone in the fanily, she had read the chat, it couldn't have been. It definitely was the candle, and Casita said it didn't do it. The glowing ball that followed Alma around Alma hovered feom next to her head to in front of her. There was a red "1". A notification of some kind.

She opened it, and saw it was from the chat. Confused, she opened it. Her breath hitched at who it was.

It was Bruno.

She rarely saw Bruno in the chatbox. His thoights rarely popped up. And if they did, then he was close. He had to be. She moved faster, walking down the wooden "hallway" within the walls. She was half tempted to call out to him, but she opted not to. Knowing Bruno, he would've gotten freaked out and made a mad dash. And she knew how fast Bruno could run.

As she walked, she heard walking, but it wasn't from outside the walls in the main house. It was nearby. Very near. She slowed, listening closely and following as best she could. Honestly she would've asked Dolores for help, but if it was Bruno, Alma didn't want to overwhelm him, or scare him. So she was just going to have to do her best for now. Besides, she could hear the sound getting louder, meaning she was getting closer.

She walked for a bit more, taking a few turns. Down one of the hallways, she saw a light. Coming from under...a door? Her mission suddenly updated again. She saw the mission, and she felt a shiver run down her spine.

System

Quest: Find Bruno

Mission: Open the door.

Alma hesitated, her hand hovering over the door. She placed a hand on the worn wood, taking a deep breath. She had to do this. If it lead her to finding Bruno, after 5 years, then so be it. Her hand was shaking as she slowly opened the door. As she opened it, she looked inside, half scared, have hopeful. She didn't know what she was expecting.

As soon as she opened the door, her mission updated and her quest complete. She barely noticed the glowing box beside her congratulating her on completing one of her major quests and giving her rewards. She was solely on the gangly, thin man in front of her. She opened her mouth, but nothing came out. She literally couldn't speak.

"Mamá?" Bruno said quietly, so quietly that Dolores probably wouldn't have heard it. Alma didn't say anything, slowly walking into the room, looking around at hus living condition before looking back at him. He looked so tired, and like he hadn't been eating much. Bruno was still, his eyes wide as Alma lifted her hand, pausing before touching his face. He was real. And she was really here, looking at him.

Bruno yeloed when Alma yanked him into a tight hug. He could barely breath, but...he didn't pull away. He actually leaned into her hug. He didn't know how long it had been since he had hugged her like this, but he didn't really care.

Alma reluctantly pulled away. She grabbed Bruno, kissing him on the cheek. "Brunito," she said softly. She grabbed his hand, guiding him out of the makeshift room. The two made their way down the hall, the candle in Alma's hand lighting the way. She saw the chat. Bruno was thinking again. Thinking of pulling away, of going back. Of staying hidden. Alma stopped, confusing Bruno.

"M...Mamá? Is something wrong?" Her youngest asked and she turned to him, trying to hide her tears.

"Please come back," Alma said, her voice cracking a bit. Bruno blinked, his features softened. Alma could see the chat. Casita and thr Candle were going insane. But she was focused on Bruno. His thoughts raced, and he finally sighed.

"Ok. I'll...I'll come back. For the family," Bruno said, a wobbly smile gracing his face. Alma visibly brightened, pulling Bruno down the hall again, getting closer and closer to the painting. Her conoleted mission hadn't been lost on her either. She beamed as she throughly began planning how to reintergrate Bruno into the family, and complete her next missions.

Mission "Find Bruno" has been completed!