(Cut Throat): Quiet

Julieta was hysterical as she held her daughter on the floor of Casita, completely oblivious to how the house and everyone in it was in complete chaos. The literal hurricane-tornado-blizzard mix didn't even phase her and neither did the screaming and sobbing coming from other family. She sobbed, holding her youngest daughter, her precious little angel, Mirabel.

Mirabel lay limp, barely breathing as she continued to bleed out, and Julieta continued to sob reassurances to her through blurry eyes. She saw her husband out of the corner of her eye skid to the floor on his knees, at least 7 arepas in his arms. He was crying as well, but he was also the only one with steady enough hands. He carefuly took one, awkwardly positioning his hands, one right above her wound (which made him sick to his stomach, but needed to save his daughter), and the other was feeding her the arepa, which he had to manually get her to swallow.

Agustin got her to eat at least 4 before the wound finally closed up. The only thing was it left a ghastly broken scar on her neck. The food didn't seem to heal all the way over, but it healed her enough to where she had stopped bleeding. Mirabel's breathing picked up to a faster pace, just a tad slower than her usual one.

Julieta stared with wide, teary eyes, waiting for her daughter to wake up. She placed her head on her small chest, and heard her heart beat picking up as well. She was about to check for a more steady pulse when she felt someone tap on her shoulder.

She snapped her head to look at Mirabel, who was look at her mother through lightly scratched glasses. Julieta burst into tears again, hugging her little 5 year old daughter while her husband joined as well.

"You're ok, you're alive!" Julieta sobbed, squeezing Mirabel. She felt Mirabel's small hands reach up and gently pat her back. Mirabel was still trying to cheer up her mother, even despite her condition.

Suddenly they were surrounded by other family members, with Alma being the first, as she scanned Mirabel over. Her eyes landed on the scar that covered her (far too small) neck, and she did her best to supress her anger and she brushed curls out of Mirabel's face.

"Mirabel? Are you okay? You aren't in any pain...are you?" Alma asked hesitantly. Mirabel opened her mouth and---

Nothing came out.

The others were confused. Why wasn't she saying anything? Mirabel tried again. Still, nothing. Her hands moved up and she touch her throat. She tried once more, and all that came out was a strangled whine.

Mirabel started freaking out. Why couldbn't she talk? Where was her voice?! Tears welled up in her eyed as she continued to try to talk, mouth moving but words not coming out.

"Oh i-its ok baby, just calm down," Julieta said, rocking Mirabel in an attempt to calm her down. She looked up at her mama confused and Alma looked down at Mirabel, eyes fixated on the now healed wound that went over her neck.

She didn't see Mirabel immediately after the incident; the only ones who saw that horrible sight was Dolores, Luisa, Mariano, and the deranged person who did this. But she was one of the first so her, and from she had seen, the gash ran pretty deep. And if that was the case...then...

Her vocal chords had been slashed in the process. It was clear whoever went for her was making an attempt on her life, which they had gotten close too. And Julieta's food could only do so much healing.

Meaning Mirabel's voice was probably gone for good.

"Oh nieta," Alma gently pulled Mirabel into her lap. "Julieta, Augustin, can you go get her room ready?" The couple quickly nodded, heading off upstairs to the girls' room.

The other family was quick to stand up and help, all of the scattering among the house; Pepa was the only one who back to her room, not wanting to get Mirabel sick with the massive storm that was soaking everyone (not that it really changed, it was still going even when she went to her room, just not as windy).

"Come on, let's go get you clean," Alma whispered to Mirabel, and she walked towards the bathroom. The poor girl was covered in her own blood, and it made Alma sick to even look at it; she would have to burn the dress whole, she didn't even want to see it anymore. But for now she would just help Mirabel.

Alma's mind raced. Everything was going so well. Mirabel had gotten a door, and she was happy. She was helpful to the family and always made sure everyone was in good health. And now? Mirabel couldn't speak. Someone tried to send her to her grandfather early. The psyhco that did this was going to pay. She would hunt then down herself if she had to.

Alma kissed Mirabel's head as the girl snuggled closer into her abuela's dress.

This wouldn't go unpunished.