(Mamabuela): Julieta...?

It was scary how similar Mirabel was to Julieta. Really scary. Especially when she was in the kitchen. Ever since she got her Mamá's gift 4 years prior, she had only been even more like Julieta in terms of likeness. She was always humming whenever she cooked, just like Julieta. She moved the same, cooked the same foods, she even passed out food the same. Heck, she even developed the same habit Julieta had; whenever she couldn't sleep, she put on her apron, went downstairs and just cooked food for the next day until she felt tired enough to sleep.

And tonight had been one of those nights. She wasn't particularly tired, so she had gotten up in the middle of the night, still in her nightgown, and went downstairs to the kitchen. It was pretty dark, even with a candle, so sewing or embroidery probably wasn't the best option. Especially with her poor eyesight and butterfingers. Casita helped her around, making sure to keep the house quiet, to not wake anyone, especially not Dolores or any of the grandparents.

As Mirabel turned the arepas, she failed to notice two people walk into the kitchen. Both Pepa and Julieta had come downstairs, not for any particular reason. Pepa was coming to get water and Bruno had just happened to run into her coming out of his room to do...whatever it was he did, though he was likely getting food. Both heard soft singing coming from the kitchen as went to investigate to aww who in the world would be up at this hour.

They were surprised to see Julieta Mirabel in the kitchen. She was swaying slightly as she placed more dough onto the hot stone. The fire illuminated the room, making it warm, though it was still pretty dark, since there weren't any other fires lit, aside from the burning wood and the two candle next to the girl on the counter.

Maybe it was because they were still tired or because there wasn't a lot of light in the room. Maybe it was the humming or the (still painful) memory of their passed-on sister. Or maybe it was simply because Mirabel was just that much like Julieta. But Mirabel looked pretty exactly like Julieta. Her back was facing the two remaining siblings, and from that angle, she looked just like her mother. The only difference was that Mirabel was about 2 or 3 inches shorter, and her apron was a bit different. But other than that? She was basically a carbon copy.

"Julieta?" Pepa asked absently, a cloud hovering over her head, threatening to rain. Mirabel seemed to finally realize that she wasn't alone, jumping a bit. Wiping her hands on her apron, she removed her glasses, cleaning them while turning to try and see who was before.

"Hm?" Mirabel hummed, looking behind her.

Pepa and Bruno swore she was Julieta. Swore that she was standing in front of them, just at 9 years old rather than 44. Without her glasses on, she was her mother. Literally. And it hurt to see her like that. And in their sleepy deception, they ran over to Mirabel, Pepa grabbing her shoulders and turning her around completely, Mirabel looking surprised.

"Y-You're back?" Pepa asked, eyes wide, though the girl could sew the fatigue. Mirabel blinked, then gave a sad head shake. Pepa blinked once, then again as Mirabel placed her glasses back on her face. Pepa's face turned a bit red and tears well up in her eyes as she turned, letting Mirabel go, her cloud starting to rain. Bruno was vigorously rubbing his eyes; he wouldn't lie, he mistook the small 9-year-old for his long-gone oldest sister.

Mirabel turned, grabbing two of the finished arepas, and holding them out. Pepa and Bruno looked back and saw the girl holding the food out. "For you," she said holding them out. Both took the arepas and stared at it. Bruno's eyes watered, and he hugged the girl, and she simply placed a hand on her tio's back. Pepa quickly joined, and all three dropped to the floor, the two adults clutching Mirabel. Holding her as if she would disappear if they didn't.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry Mira..." Pepa cried, and Mirabel smiled softly. She knew Pepa was referring to mistaking her for Julieta, but she would pretend it was because of the rain that was soaking the three.

"I don't mind," she said quietly, and both only hug her tighter for that. She really was her mother's clone.