12| 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙝𝙞𝙢 𝙢𝙮 𝙥𝙡𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙬𝙞𝙨𝙩

"𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐠𝐞, 𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤"

♡*+:•*∴":♡.•♬✧♡*+:•*∴":♡.•♬✧

"Come, I'll drop you home. It's already very late"

He says going to the side of the shop to bring his bike.

"And what about you?"

I say curiously.

I glance at the bike that stands beside him. I wonder when did he change his lively bicycle into this devilish bike.

He does not speak instead gets up on his bike, putting on his helmet.

"If you were not the one who texted then you don't have your phone, do you? Looking at you, it is not hard to think that you are not even living in your house. Do you even have a place to spend the night, Nathaniel?"

I say rigidly.

It bothers me in different ways that I know he is hiding something huge I don't know of and I can't even help him out of this.

"What if I say I do not have a place to live right now, Daisy? Will you persuade your parents to give me a room?"

He gets up from his bike, raging for my face.

He opens his helmet and puts it on my head.

"Wear this or else I will either punch you which will kill me from inside or I'll kiss you which won't be appropriate right now"

My stomach is twisting all of a sudden. It is a relief that he can't see my face which must be so red right now.

"If I wanted I could stay in any of my friend's houses"

He says after a sigh.

"But it would be the same. It will bring trouble to them, their parents, siblings, their family, and even the neighborhood. I don't want any of that"

He says and gets on his bike.

He taps the back of the seat for me to join him. I do as he asks me to.

"What did you do that you are so much in trouble?"

I say in a low voice.

"Are you scared of me?"

He says, charging the bike into roars.

More like, scared for you but I could not make myself say that out loud.

So, I just shake my head for him to see through the mirror on the side.

"Somethings are better kept secret. Just pray that no trouble comes your way after this"

We slay through the empty dark roads.

"So will I ever see you after today?"

I say holding his waist a little tighter. I can feel hot tears joining the squad that is already waiting in my eyelid. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me but I don't want him to go away.

Out of all the people I met in school he has been the most welcoming one. His very presence brought sunlight to my shallow soul. Every time I was in trouble, he magically appeared and helped me out. It makes me sick when I can't do the same for him.