8| 𝙇𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙨?

"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐞, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥"

♡*+:•*∴":♡.•♬✧♡*+:•*∴":♡.•♬✧

Sometimes in life, we must make decisions we are not ready to face the consequences of. Some hot-headed decisions are much needed in life. Thus, I chose my heart.

I chose to let go.

I chose to face the consequences.

I chose to go to school anyway...

♡*+:•*∴":♡.•♬✧♡*+:•*∴":♡.•♬✧

I kicked the stone on my way to hear a noise from the side of the road. This is a shortcut to the school which I normally take when I am super late for school and today I am. 

There are not many settlements here thus this area lacks people as well. At first, I thought It was just the music in my air pods but when I heard it again, I turned my head to look at the scene and spontaneously removed the air pod from my ears.

"Am I responsible for this loss then?"

Nathaniel barked at the man who held his head low.

I stepped behind the wall of the abandoned lawn.

After a second I peeked through the corner.

"Of course not..."

The man hesitated.

"Then why are you here? How many times do I have to tell you to not track me down for these-"

I freaking sneezed.

There is complete silence now.

I step away trying my best to not make any further noise. My heart is beating fast. I don't know if I am scared of trespassing on their conversation or their conversation itself.

Turning away, I pull up my hood and run as fast as I can.

I could not bring the courage to look behind to check if they were following me or not. I stop when I mix in the crowd of school students in front of the school gate.

I remove my jacket and push it inside my bag breathing heavily. There is no way I will get caught after I'm here. I mentally take note of never mentioning anyone I was there due to some reason I am not sure of.

I walk up the stairs in silence thinking what might they be talking about in that abandoned land? This was also the first time I saw him shouting at someone which gave me a reality check that I don't yet know him properly. 

"Wassup dude?"

Phoebe says when I almost bump into her on the way.

"Hey. You are early today?"

I say trying to get out of my overthinking.

"You are the one late"

She says holding my shoulder.

"Yeah right"

I give out an uneasy laugh.

"I'll go to class and have some water. I feel... hot"

I say making an excuse to avoid some questions.

"Sure... look at you sweating so much"

She finishes and I walk toward the classroom.