9| 𝘼 𝙨𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙖𝙡𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜

"𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐟𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠"

♡*+:•*∴":♡.•♬✧♡*+:•*∴":♡.•♬✧

Pick up the call man! 

3 missed calls and no response from his side.

Everything was fine when I got back home until I opened my social media to find out how dangerously the Business Road was fired upon by some suited men with no trace left behind.

The Business Road falls on my way to school and I am hoping Nathaniel did not take that road by any chance due to whatever reason he might have to go that way but this guy is literally not picking up my calls.

 I sat abruptly on my bed pulling over the blanket on my exposed thighs. 

I opened my laptop and searched on the incident to find no car with just one man inside was reported dead. That is a relief.

My heart sinks every time I think that he might be on his way back through that road... but his home is not that way so maybe things are alright and I am just overthinking.

My phone rings and I pick it up.

"Hello Haily"

I say walking out of my room into the balcony.

"Hey, champ. How are things going? It's been a long time afterall"

She says chewing something simultaneously while speaking.

"Well... I am preparing for the Entrance test of the Universities I want to get into that is to be held next year, Gabriel is back here"

I pause to let her "dude-eeee" make its way.

"Listen more, Sylus got a girlfriend"

I pause again.

"What in the actual fuck bro?"

She says and I hear her quick pacing through the phone. Hailey always starts walking when on call and of course if the "tea" interests her.

"And there is this sweet new guy in school who-"

I could not finish.

"Nathaniel right? Dave told me and I saw some fan pages of the school too"

She says.

"Wait a second. Do you still talk to Dave? And fan pages for Nathaniel? Why don't I know of all this dude!"

I say over-exaggeratingly.

"When did you ever start minding other's businesses anyway my little shy munchkin?"

She says in her evergreen sweet voice which only comes out for me as far as I can recall.

"Shit! It's Dad's call. I need to pick it up, love. I'm sorry, I'll join you soon"

She says panicking and I cut the call understandingly. Who would know better than me how much is she scared of her parents, especially her father?

For the first time since I stepped here, I felt the cold breeze ease my soul. I simply lean on the end and look at the lamplit road. This reminds me of the night when Nathaniel and I ran up to the sunspot point. That was the first time I saw the town so still yet so charming.

This brings me back to my worry, is he okay?

I take out my phone and call him again. For god's grace this time, he picks it up.