Chapter 29: This Pearl Is A Lot Like You

ابدأ من البداية

Peng Xiaoyue was stunned, and then panic spread through her, "What are you saying?!"

Lu Yanchen's voice remained calm, "I received a letter a few days ago. Your father is in trouble. You should think about your own affairs carefully from now on."

After saying this, Lu Yanchen turned and walked away, returning to his tent.

The night was cool, and mosquitoes viciously bit Peng Xiaoyue's legs, drawing a large amount of blood. The more she thought about it, the more frightened she became. Now she finally understood why the letters she sent home received no response. Under normal circumstances, shouldn't her mother have immediately called to bring her back?

It turns out that something had happened to their family!

How could she go back now? Once her father was in trouble, trying to use family connections to transfer her back would be even more difficult!

Was she destined to stay on this island for the rest of her life?

Despair and fear overwhelmed Peng Xiaoyue, and suddenly she burst into sharp cries, crouching in the yard, holding her head in agony.

Inside the house, Sun Pingfang, who was already in a not-so-good mood, was also stunned when she heard Peng Xiaoyue's cries. She exchanged a glance with Wang Haohan, then immediately blushed and averted her gaze.

This time, fueled by frustration, she wandered aimlessly into the woods. It was Wang Haohan who had found her and brought her back. Along the way, Wang Haohan, contrary to his usual quiet demeanor, comforted her for a long time. Surprisingly, Sun Pingfang also opened up, unconsciously chatting with Wang Haohan about many things...

Sometimes, it's strange how people need a particular moment to truly get to know someone again.

Wang Haohan was not dazzling, even ordinary and unremarkable. However, after going through this evening, Sun Pingfang discovered that Wang Haohan was a genuinely warm and considerate person!

In fact, she felt that Wang Haohan's ordinary features seemed much softer. Every time she made eye contact with him, there was a gentle and shy warmth that she herself couldn't perceive.

Because it was already late, everyone took turns bathing and going to sleep, but many couldn't sleep that night.

At first, it was Peng Xiaoyue's loud crying, and it took Niu Dawei half the night to finally persuade her to go back.

Later on, it was everyone carrying their own burdens.

In her heart, Sun Pingfang repeatedly compared the 'liking' she felt for the two men these days. She suddenly realized, just as Gu Ling had said, her feelings towards Captain Lu were not genuine affection; it was admiration, awed by his brilliance, much like admiring the moon in the sky—everyone likes it, but it's not true affection.

But as beautiful as the moon may be, it remains untouchable. What's truly heartwarming is what can be touched and felt beside you.

As they walked, Wang Haohan told her, "From the first day on the island, I thought you were a very, very nice girl, as cute as a kitten. You should believe in yourself. There's only one you in the world, and no one can replace you. No matter how good others may seem, they're not you."

Blushing, Sun Pingfang asked, "What's good about me... I'm not like Gu Ling..."

Wang Haohan scratched his head, "You sing well. I've heard you humming songs, but I've never heard Gu Zhiqing sing."

Sun Pingfang was stunned, warm emotions overwhelmed her, and she couldn't restrain them. She did like singing, but she never dared to sing loudly. Wang Haohan had actually heard her singing?