eight

Lilith couldn't come back to camp, no-- not after what she had found out about Nico and Bianca. She couldn't face them. She wanted to hate her father, but she couldn't. She loved him too much, he was her lifeline. 

Yes, she couldn't understand why Hades would abandon Nico and Bianca for decades, only taking them back after Percy was claimed. She figured he wanted one of them to be the child in the Great Prophecy, but Hades had her, it didn't make much sense why he took them back because of that.

In reality, it was guilt that brought Hades to get his two children back. The reason he left them in the Lotus Casino for so long was because Persephone hated his affair with Maria di Angelo. Partly because Hades did have strong feelings for the woman.

And as selfish as it may sound, he knew there was a possibility that Lilith was the child of the Great Prophecy. She was one of the most powerful demi-gods out there, after all. He wanted nothing more than to keep her away until the Great Prophecy was over, so he thought that if he brought his two kids back, Lilith's chance of being the child in the Great Prophecy was smaller.

He knew that he was basically sacrificing another child for one, but he couldn't help it. She was the one thing he never wanted to lose. He had raised her since she was born, he had grown attached to her, more than anyone else.

That did not mean he had no love for Nico and Bianca. After all, Hades loved his children. But Lilith would always be his favorite. as selfish as it may sound. He knew as well, Persephone could never love Bianca and Nico, not like she loves Lilith.

That did not mean he wouldn't do anything to help the Di Angelo kids. Sure, he was basically sacrificing one of them, but he still hoped that Percy was the child of the Great Prophecy. Therefore, he didn't have to lose either of his kids.

But if he had the choice, he'd choose Lilith over any of his kids to survive.

Not a good father, but he couldn't help it. Parents always had their favorite child.

---

It was three days till she had to go back to school, and she still hadn't gone school shopping. She wanted more than anything to go school shopping with her family like she did last year, but due to the circumstance, she probably had to go alone.

Lilith still hasn't made up with her father yet. She had noticed the furies following her everywhere she went, it irked her so much that she decided to just send them back to where they came from.

After losing his daughter's trace, Hades had tried IM'ing her over and over again, but somehow, Lilith managed to intercept all the messages. Much to the dismay of pretty much everyone in the Underworld, Hades was in a terrible mood, which affected the course of flow in his kingdom.

Persephone had talked to Lilith, understanding her situation, since she too, was pissed at Hades. For a completely different reason, though. Persephone did love Lilith with everything she had, but she despised the Di Angelo kids. The fact that Hades had brought them back has already caused a rift in their little family did not help his case at all. 

As she too, was upset at her husband, she decided to ignore him and go visit Demeter, leaving him upset and moody. 

Currently, Lilith was hiding away in one of the vacation houses her adoptive parents had in London. She wondered if the two thought of her often, Lilith hadn't seen them in over a year. The fact that she was probably a walking monster-magnet ever since she came back, not to mention the fact that she had to new godly blessings, would probably put a target on their backs.