Crispy

"Ten on red." a civilian called, placing their bet for who would win. Their comment was followed by others placing their own bets of different amounts and colors. Aja watched from the back, she never played for the money and she would be caught dead before she even tried, even though all of her guesses were always right. It just wasn't a good look for a member of the royal family to be betting in illegal Skeltag fights.

Right as the fight began, Aja's com went off. Pulling up the facetime like call, she saw it was from Krel. Being hidden in the crowd from above, she answered without worry.

"What's up?" she asked, watching the small creatures battle as her brother came into view from her peripheral vision.

"So how many have you watched and how many were you right on?" Krel asked with a slight laugh to his tone.

"About twelve and you know me, little brother. All of them have been right." Aja answered without looking away from the critters. "Calling to be social? That's a little odd for you, brother." she laughed, side eyeing the screen. Krel rolled his eyes and sighed.

"I wanted to start the conversation with something of your interest but if you don't want to hear my report, then fine." Krel said with dramatic sarcasm, reaching off screen to end the call.

"No, no, ok, sorry." Aja laughed, gaining a small chuckle from Krel. "what'd you want to tell me?" she asked, giving her brother her full attention.

"We're almost ready to send out a message to Jim. figured you would want to be here." he told his sister, a small smirk appearing on his face.

"I'll be right there!" Aja exclaimed, fast and excitedly, a laugh was heard from the call right before she hung up and made a beeline for the castle. Her hood and cloak could barely keep up with her as she ran through the city.

Aja was back home and turning the last corner to Krel's lab in the matter of mekrons(minutes). Busting into the room as she yanked off the fabric that hid her identity from the civilians, Vex had already arrived.

"Varvatos, I thought you were preparing for departure." Aja said, placing the hood on an empty table.

"Varvatos was allowed to participate in the contacting of the Lake boy." Vex answered, turning to the former queen as she entered. Krel was putting the final touches on the device.

"Alright, so what should the first message be?" the prince asked, the screen coming to life as Krel put in Jim's phone number. The room was quiet for a moment as they all thought but then Aja lit up.

"I got it." she said, moving to stand by Krel and giving him a questioning look. He backed away in his seat and gestured open arms to the keyboard. Aja typed in the text and looked back at Krel as if to ask if it was ok.

"Well that's one way to do it." Krel laughed, sliding back up to the device and sending it. "Well, fingers crossed." they heard Vex huff a laugh from behind them as he read the message.

"You made it, of course it'll work. Just depends on how long it will take to get there." the princess reassured her brother. "Unless you put his number in wrong." she teased, earning a dramatic gasp from Krel.

"You can doubt my skill but do not underestimate my memory." Krel said, crossing his arms and turning his chin to the ceiling.

"Well, our memories are not as they were before the Lake boy reset time." Vex taunted back, gaining a laugh from Aja and a glare from Krel, who soon started laughing as well. A ding from the communicator caught their attention after about five mekrons.

"He replied?!" Aja half asked, half squealed in excitement as she ran back to Krel's side to read the message. Vex stood over them to read it as well, even then, Krel read it aloud.