Gnomes and Changelings

"Um. . what's wrong?" Toby asked ARRRGGH!, pointing at the four armed troll running around his library.

"Rogue gnome." the gentle giant answered simply. Jim and Claire took their eyes off the frantic troll and shared a look.

"Vermin! Scum of the earth!" Blinky exclaimed, trying his best to keep up with the creature. It was obvious now that there was in fact a gnome running around the room. Claire and Jim laughed as Jim stepped further into the room.

"I have a feeling we know this one." Jim said as he took off his blue jacket for the hundredth time as not to rip it and transformed. The blue fabric was gone from his hand in a second, slightly startling him and the others.

"Careful, Jim. This ones the worst I've ever seen." Blinky warned, giving a glance at Jim before going right back to trying to catch the menace. Jim chuckled as he stood still for a moment, then he moved to his natural crouch.

Jim's ears twitched as only his eyes followed the gnome's movement. Finding his opening, Jim shot out and grabbed the little gremlin in both hands. Because of how big his troll hands were, the gnome was completely encased and covered.

"By Deya, good catch my boy." Blinky said with a wide grin as Jim stood up. "Now let's dispose of this rodent." he said, reaching out for Jim's hands. Jim pulled away from his father.

"We don't need to kill him." Jim explained, then he looked at Toby. "I know this is a dumb question but, got any Nougat Nummys?" he asked. Toby gave a confused look but reached in his back pocket to pull one out anyway.

"Why are we giving the gnome candy?" Toby asked as he walked over to Jim and the table.

"Peace treaty." Claire said with a shrug of her shoulders as she too walked over followed by ARRRGGH!. There was a chatter from Jim's hands, bringing everyone's attention back to the creature. Jim and Claire listened to the chatter for a moment before sharing a shocked look.

"Chompsky?" Jim breathed as he opened his hands to reveal a very annoyed looking gnome. He chartered some more then smirked to confirm their suspicion.

"Haha, Chompsky. How do you remember?" Claire laughed as Jim let him hope of his hands and onto the table. He disappeared and reappeared with the red wrapped chocolate that was in Toby's hands.

"Still wanted the peace offering." Jim laughed with Claire. The others were needless to say, very confused.

"What is happening?" Toby asked, finally having enough as his favorite candy was stolen out of his hands.

"This is Chompsky. He's a future friend, but somehow he already has his memories back." Jim explained to them. "Were you just messing with Blinky to get our attention?" Jim accused with a smirk as he turned back to the gnome. Chompsky put his hands behind his back and looked at the ceiling while whistling, gaining a laugh from all but Blinky.

"If you are truly a friend, then can I please have my books back? Or at least know where you've hidden them?" Blinky asked the pint sized creature. Chompsky crossed his arms and looked away as if to say 'no'.

"Chomps, don't make me take your hat." Jim threatened, albeit with a smile, gaining a huff from Claire. Chompsky whipped his head towards Jim with his mouth agape. Jim raised an eyebrow and the gnome sighed as he ran to a corner of the room and pointed at it.

"I question how you two know gnome. It is a very hard language to learn, not even I know it." Blinky commented as he pulled the missing books out of the hiding spot.

"Not-Enrique taught us, Oh my god! Not-Enrique!" Claire exclaimed as she covered her mouth with her hands, only just now remembering about her adoptive brother.