great, goblins

(A/N quick warning. some Toby x Jim x Claire so if you don't like it, either don't read or don't say anything. also this will be a long chapter)

Jim walked outside the book shop and remembered he hit his head on the wall. rubbing the back of his head, the teen looked over to where he had been only to be in terrified shock. seeing the damages he had left, he was surprised he was only out for a few hours.  a dent in the wall so big, ARRRGGH! could easily fit his fist in it and a crack that split the wall straight up to the roof. Douxie hadn't mentioned any cost to fix the damages, he was sure it would be repaired magically, more literally than figuratively. but he would make sure to pay the wizard back in some fashion. 

making sure his helmet was on right, Jim hopped on his bike and rode off to home. if his memory served right, today they were going on the museum field trip. Eli would show his picture and the goblin chaos would ensue. with luck the goblins will lead Toby back to the museum and they would find Killahead bridge. wait, Killahead. it was about halfway completed when they first found it but the final peace was the trollhunter had to open it. Jim didn't want it getting that close again. he had to make sure they couldn't complete the bridge.

the ride home was uneventful as was the next couple of hours before Jim had to start getting ready for school. around 6:30, Jim was working away in the kitchen. making three lunches, one for himself, Toby, and his mother. sticking one of the bags into the fridge as usual, the once trollhunter headed out to the bike he nearly crashed last night. his best friend, already waiting outside for him. the stout teen had concern all over his facial expression. Jim gave a smile to his friend and handed him his lunch. Toby took it mindlessly and stated his questioning.

"Dude, where were you last night? i thought you were going to come to trollmarket right after rehearsals." putting the bag inside his backpack without even looking at its contents. he trusted whatever Jim gave him was delicious. 

"yeah sorry Tobes. i wasn't feeling that great after rehearsals, so i just came straight home and passed out for a while. sorry for not texting you." Jim had to hide his shock. where did such a good lie come from? he wasn't even thinking. they both hopped on their bikes and rode down the street.

"eh, its alright. nothing too exciting happened anyway." Toby said, taking one hand off the handle bars right as he hit a rock, shaking the bike. his hand fast back to the bar to steady himself. "Bagdwella wouldn't stop screaming about a gnome infestation in her shop, but when we got there, none of those little guys were to be seen. i think shes lost it." Toby laughed. as did Jim, knowing that that woman was never done screaming about gnomes. but it was odd that Chompsky just up and left without a fuss like last time. maybe he would be back later. Jim shivered at the thought of having to use the furgolator again. " you ready for the field trip today?" Toby asked trying to get the conversation started again.

random subjects were thrown into the conversation from there. all the way to the school and on the bus as they headed to the museum. Jim loved talking to his best friend as if they were just normal teens. to feel normal, only if for a moment. conversation cut short, as a water bottle came flying at the seat they were sitting in. looking for where the projectile came from, they found none other than Steve. looking very smug as usual, him and his 'friends' laughed at the duo. the jock hadn't been much of a problem as of late. for one, Jim didn't start that fight with him the day Toby found the amulet, but regrettably didn't save Eli from being stuffed in a locker either. rolling his eyes, Jim sat back down and tried to start the conversation where they left off. Toby followed in toe, trying to ignore the blond bully.

arriving at the museum, Nomura started her speech with a kindness Jim didn't know she was capable of. almost forgetting that she was a spy and had an appearance to keep up. Stickler cut her off, bringing up the time crunch they were on and let the teens roam free in the museum. only now did Jim see a point to that. the two changelings probably had things to discuss in privet. the two friends wandered the halls as they made their way upstairs. catching a glimpse of Steve trying his best to sweat talk Claire as she tried to appreciate an old dress from centuries ago. the same dress looked shockingly similar if not the same as the one the shadowmancer wore on their time trip to Camelot, Jim noted. Steve caught sight of his onlookers (mostly Jim) and his lips pulled up into a smirk. walking around Claire then facing away started to pretend to make out with her. Jim cringed and internally gagged. he had almost forgotten how much of a dick Steve was at the start of sophomore year.