IV. Impromptu Date (Bada POV)

Another late night. The last classes ended at 9:30pm so she didn't start until well after everyone had left. She is choreographing NCT's newest song, and she wants to ensure everything is finalized before teaching them this week. She is fatigued too, having just recovered from a bug and only just getting her appetite back. For a moment, she rests her face in her arms, taking a small minute of rest.

"Bada-sii?"

She looks up, startled. Howl is peeking through the door, a large delivery bag in one hand. "I saw you're also working late. I ordered too much food," he rustles the bag. "Any chance you want a break?"

It takes her a beat to register. "Sure, that sounds great, thank you. Do you want to eat in the lobby?"

"Mmm, it's actually a nice night out. I was thinking maybe we go to the park next door, get some fresh air."

She nods. "Okay. I'll be out in a minute."

"I'll meet you in the lobby."

She waits a beat after he leaves before making her way to the ladies room. She splashes water on her face and pinches her cheeks to bring some color, suddenly regretting not having worn makeup. She hadn't thought anyone would be here this late. She takes off her cap, tussling her long hair; at least her extensions look good.

She's caught off guard by his invitation. After a few restless nights, she had given up the thought they'd become closer. She was committed to focusing all her attention on work, as this was an inflection point in her career. She wasn't interested in competing for a guy's limited attention. Girls went out of their way to talk to him, and he seemed close to some of the extended JJ family, commenting frequently on their social media. Bada was not someone without pride.

Still, as she walks out into the lobby, she feels her heartbeat quicken. Damn. She straightens her crop top and smoothes out her jacket. Howl is sitting in the lobby, typing fast on his phone. Wonder who he's texting.

His face lights up when he sees her, and he puts away his phone immediately. "Ready?" She takes a breath and nods.