50

Wednesday, November 13-{3:43a.m}

"Gio," Hearing my name being called, I open my eyes and hum in response

Tired yuh fuck.

"Babe," Shadia?

I quickly lift my head up to look at her.

Thanks, Mr. Bigman!

"Pretty girl," She hums in response.

"You ok? Feeling any pain?" She shakes her head no.

"My head is hurting me though. A little. What happened? Why am I here?" She asks. Swear me no like how she look...weak.

"You fainted today— well yesterday since I think it's past midnight." I tell her. So yuh nahh tell har?

"Oh," I all she said.

Eeh?

Notice say mia ignore yuh?

"Need a pain killer?" I ask her, referring to the headache she said she has earlier.

"No, it's not that bad." I hum and nod.

"Yuh can go back go sleep, we'll talk in the morning," I peck her forehead.

"Yuh can come on the bed?" Bed yah too small fih my liking, that's why me no dehh pan it innah the first place.

But I didn't tell her that though, instead; I nod.

"Me love yuh, yer?"

"I love you too,"

I peck her forehead.

Soon after, her slight snores fill the room and I soon fell asleep.

• • •

8:37pa.m

"Babe, I'm fine, see?" Shadia says, trying to convince me. Still no business.

Aunty came in this morning and did some check up and said that she's fine, but me still no business.

She still looks weak and she's pregnant.

"Mmhm. Gwaan back pan the bed, I'll go get the food." Yuh nahh tell the girl, Gio?

Dah battyman yah no rest me!?

Two a we a battyman, pussy!

I hiss. Nahh go argue with me damn subconscious, which's myself.

It's not that I don't want to tell her, it's actually the fact that I'm scared to. Yes, me Giovanni Roman Cunningham scared.

Shocked? Yeah, me too.

I'm actually scared of how it's going to turn out if/when I tell, suppose she leff me?