Chapter 3

Sonic's POV:

"That's all you got egghead?" I teased eggman while he shot lasers at me but I dodged them with ease. "Come on, get in the game!" Sonic teased eggman. Meanwhile there were two others fighting the killer machines. A red echidna and a pink hedgehog, but there was another one. A yellow, two tailed fox who was piloting a plane shooting the killer machines. "You annoying hedgehog!" bellowed a middle-aged man with a mustache. "My Badniks will eat you alive!" and then laughter came from the two tailed foxes. "Yeah right!" and I laughed with him. "Don't worry eggman, I think your egg crushers would be pretty cool if they weren't killing us."I joked sarcastically but the middle aged man didn't get it. Dang, he's clueless. I thought to myself. "Let's wrap this up, I need to get back to my emerald." The red echidna yelled, punching the machine breaking it apart. The scene shifted and now I was in a spaceship. Staring at me was a girl with blonde hair wearing a blue headband and a blue dress with sparkling blue eyes. "Stay safe," she smiled. 

I woke up with a jolt.

Narrator's POV:

After a few days of the contestants socializing the middle aged man decided to make things take a turn, a loud noise made them all jump. Buzz! There was the sound of a buzzer and both rooms fell silent and then an announcement appeared. The middle-age man spoke into the mic and his voice rang in the two rooms. "The Tournament has started. I'll explain who your partner is, then the rules, and then after I'll tell you our new surprise!." There was another buzz and the speakers turned off and chatter filled the 2 different rooms. Sonic was still shaky about his dream but after a while he forgot about it. Sonic sat by silver while they both started talking about the Tournament. "Honestly this tournament stuff is a pain in the a**" The azure hedgehog stated. The albino one whimpered and said "Now! We didn't even train!? Was there ever gonna be training? We know nothing about how to survive these tasks!" squealed the albino one. "Chillax silver. just try to survive, " Sonic said, attempting to assure the albino one. "What if I know NOTHING about how to survive?" asked silver. "You probably did know how to survive, you just forgot." joked the azure one making the albino one whine and hit him in the back of the head. "Ow!" he yelled. "I thought you were fast," Silver asked, smiling innocently. "I am!" Sonic replied. "I always was, and I always will be, I just thought If I dodged you, you would cry." Sonic replied with a grin making a silver pout. "Stop acting like a small child, and you know what?" Sonic took off the tag with his name on it and trashed it. "Why did you do that sonic?" asked silver. "I looked better with that sticker off."

Silver giggled and asked "Do you even know what you look like? I don't, I forgot." I looked at him and knew he was right. "I mean anytime I go to the shower I never look into the mirror, I don't know why" silver blurted out. He blushed and thought great now he thinks i'm weird. "Yea I never did too." Sonic said and he quickly left leaving a blue streak. He looked at himself in the mirror examining every detail of himself in awe. He finally knew what he looked like and it felt like a surprise, like a little kid getting his favorite toy at christmas. He had azure fur, and he was quite skinnier than other hedgehogs. He soon came back at such fast speed it was less than a second. When Silver saw him coming he giggled and said "Honestly, you're probably the fastest thing alive." "'Probably'? I am the fastest thing alive!" Sonic replied, making a pose. "So how do you think you look?" Silver asked curiously. "I think I look good" said the cocky hedgehog and silver joked "Well I think the opposite." making the azure one smirk and saying "you're just jealous."

"No i'm not" replied the albino one and he began to pout. Suddenly, a pink hedgehog tripped and fell on the floor in front of the azure and albino hedgehogs. "Oh my gosh i'm so sorry" the pink hedgehog squealed . "N-no it's fine...I-I m-mean a-are y-you okay?... I-I m-mean-" stuttered quietly in silver. "what? sorry I don't understand..." Amy said looking confused. "He meant to ask, are you ok?" Sonic replied as he helped Amy up and she blushed. "t-thanks" sonic replied to the strange pink hedgehog "welcome"