𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 27. flowers on the desk

Beginne am Anfang

With a lump in her stomach, Nana slammed the door of her house and started walking. Her steps were slow, constantly hesitating to turn around and go home again.

Courage was leaving her once again, but it had to be done. Both for her and for the skater, who was also drowning in remorse and questions.

Once inside the school, the heroine walked to the gymnasium. There were very few students in the corridors, so she hoped to be alone with her friend.

She opened the door, heart instantly raced. It was the first time she had felt this way, she who had previously considered the young man like a safe place...

Now here she was, helpless and embarrassed.

The gymnasium was empty, with not a single student in sight. Even the ghost seemed at first sight to be nowhere to be seen.

However, he was sitting comfortably on the bleachers, his hands clasped and his gaze lost.

He wasn't really surprised to see his friend; it was as if he'd been expecting her for a while. Without even greeting him, the girl climbed the stairs and took a seat right in front of him, in the row below.

It had never been so icy between them and she was really afraid that this abrupt gesture would change anything.

After twiddling her thumbs for a few seconds, Nana had stealthily turned around and was now facing him. The blond boy didn't escape her gaze any longer and stared back.

"Hey."

"Hi. How's it going?"

"I'm doing surprisingly well. I don't have any more headaches."

"Good."

The heroine would have preferred a long, awkward discussion rather than a cold, abbreviated one. Sunghoon quickly stood up, ignoring everything and calmly made his way to the ice rink.

"Wait—"

"You should go to class. With the new security, you could be in trouble."

Nana frowned, almost disappointed. That was the first time he'd wanted her to leave, even though he enjoyed her company.

He continued to ignore her and put on his ice skates. The protagonist swallowed her disappointment and relativized.

She set off in his direction and put on the most reassuring expression she could muster.

"About yesterday... I don't want it to change anything. It was sudden but I don't blame you, okay?"

"It's fine. It wasn't a love kiss, I just panicked. There was no feeling."

"Right. I get it, you don't have to be so..."

"So what? I'm just being honest, I'm not crushing on you anymore so it won't change anything believe me."