thirty-three.

Rosalynn Taylor | 2021
Wiskayok, New Jersey

"You have reached your destination."

Rosalynn looks at the seedy motel and frowns.

"Suddenly, I wish I hadn't," Rosalynn mutters as she opens her car door. She walks over to the door with the number Natalie had texted her and lifts her hand to knock but pauses as she grabs her phone and pulls up the camera app, checking over her appearance. She tucks her hair behind her ear before lifting her hand and knocking.

Natalie opens the door, "Hey."

"I got your message," Rosalynn says and Natalie steps to the side. Rosalynn enters and she looks around to notice that Natalie had certainly made herself at home in the motel room. She looks over at the sink to find that the dishes are piling up and the mother in Rosalynn is horrified.

Her attention then goes to a table where she finds the symbol that was on the postcard, they had all received.

"What is that?" Rosalynn asks as she looks at Natalie.

"It's the floor of the barn where they found Travis's body," Natalie says, "There were candles underneath him and they were arranged like that. Someone burned them and took them away."

"How did you get these?" Rosalynn asks as she looks at the crime scene photos.

"Kevyn's a cop," Natalie says, and Rosalynn remembers the boy that Natalie used to get high with.

Rosalynn scoffs in disbelief, "And he just gave these to you?"

"Yes," Natalie responds, "I told him Travis was a dear friend and I was struggling with his death."

Rosalynn doesn't say anything as she looks at the photographs. She traces her fingers over the image. If she had any doubts about Travis's death previously, she didn't any longer.

"Have you told Talia?" Rosalynn asks softly.

"I told Taissa. I thought it may be better coming from her," Natalie says.

Rosalynn sighed as she pinched the bridge of her nose. This is just what she needed, someone coming after them.

"Okay," Rosalynn says, "So someone out there knows."

"Someone knows," Natalie says.

Rosalynn chuckles and shakes her head. Natalie tilts her head as she looks at Rosalynn, "What's funny?"

"I was just thinking that you would have preferred to have been in rehab instead of dealing with all this," Rosalynn says.

Natalie smiles, "Yes, well then you useless idiots wouldn't get any answers."

"I'm pretty sure Misty did all of this," Rosalynn says as she looks at the image.

"Yeah, but I got the pictures," Natalie states, "So who's the real detective?"

Rosalynn looks over her shoulder at Natalie who has her brows quirked and a smug smile on her lips. Rosalynn rolls her eyes as she looks back at the pictures.

There's a knock at the door and Natalie's brows furrow as she goes to look through the peephole to find Taissa and Talia standing there. Natalie unlocks the door and opens it, and the sisters enter the room.

"What are you doing here?" Natalie asks.

"I wanted to see it myself," Talia responds. Her eyes move to the photographs laid on the table and she steps toward it hesitantly. She reaches out and her fingers move over the markings. Under one of the pictures, Talia notices Travis's autopsy photo. She slides it out and looks at it. The sight is awful, but Talia can't look away. Taissa joins her sister as she looks at it. Talia looks at her twin sister and Taissa's gaze softens as she meets her sister's sad eyes.