Chapter 6 - Becoming friends again

3rd Person POV (Mumbo)

Mumbo had just gotten back to Boatem, he opened his front door and got changed into his usual suit and tie. There was no way he was going to sleep now, it was too late. He went back into his kitchen and got some French toast and a simple glass of milk. He ate it all in 2 minutes because of how much he had been jogging that night. After he went to go up and start his daily tasks for the day he heard a knock at the door. Curious, he peered through the small window only to see Pearl on the other side. Now confused he opened the door.

- Good Morning Mumbo! I was wondering if we could have a chat on this fine morning -

Strange, Pearl never seemed to act like this. Not wanting to be rude he allowed her in. They both sat down on the couch opposite each other.

- So what did you come here for Pearl? -

Mumbo questioned, he really didn't want to talk to her right now considering he had some daily tasks to be getting done but here he was, talking to her in his own living room.

- It's about Grian, I know I know you guys aren't talking because of.. You know, but he's still your friend! Your best friend at that! He just made a mistake, he didn't know what was going on and next thing you know he's in my arms. Before you protest, please just talk to him. He misses you already and it's been less than a day. As well as! -

Mumbo decided to cut Pearl off then and there.

- Pearl, I don't think you understand. I.. like him too, he doesn't seem to understand that as well, so if you don't mind me interrupting you there can you explain why you're here -

Pearl's eyes widened and she started to flap her wings gently, she only picked up on one thing. Mumbo got confused and gave her that look.

- YOU LIKE HIM?! -

She yelled, getting excited.

- Yeah? What's wrong with that? -

She jumped up and grabbed Mumbo's sleeve trying to drag him to the front door. Mumbo got extremely confused, not wanting to follow, he planted his feet into the ground.

- Why are you dragging me Pearl? And where too? -

She suddenly froze, eyes widening once more.

- Ohhh well- emmmm, field trip? You need to get out and talk to him -

Mumbo's feet stayed planted in the ground. He was not going to see Grian today, maybe tomorrow, possibly, but not today.

- Pearl, he dosent want to talk right now -

- I've seen the message he sent you, don't lie to me. I was having to comfort him yesterday because of you and his little kerfuffle -

Pearl rolled his eyes, continuing to try to drag him out. After a lot of trying she managed to get him half out the door.

- Come on Mumbo!! You will have to talk to him at some point! -

She started to get annoyed so used her wings to help pull him out the door. This method worked all the way up to the boatem hole/pole.

- Pearl are you sure he -

A certain pesky bird was seen walking out of his house. He seemed so happy, Pearl knew this was an act though so called him over.

- GRIAN!!! GET YOUR BUTT OVER HERE! -

Mumbo's eyes widened as he watched Grian walked naturally but with some sort of caution, walk over to them.

- Hey Pearl. Hi Mumbo. Why did you want me over here Pearl? -

He ignored all eye contact with Mumbo and continued to talk to Pearl.

- Grian, talk to Mumbo. You both need to sort this stuff out -

She let go of Mumbo and proceeded to walk off, Mumbo looked extremely annoyed, so did Grian.

- PEARL DON'T LEAVE ME WITH HIM!! -

They both yelled in unison. Both of them looked at each other and laughed like the good old times. Yesterday.

Pearl glared at them as she walked off, they seemed perfect now.

- HMMMMMM -

Pearl thought aloud before shutting the door to her house.

Back with the other 2, they just kept laughing. They were enjoying this time, they both missed it. After they both realised what was happening, they came to a slow stop.

- So.. -

Grian started. They looked at each other awkwardly. They didn't know where to start until Grian started to talk again.

- Mumbo I am, so so so sorry! I never meant to hurt your feelings or even kiss you for that! I'm sorry for not asking as well, i don't know what came over me -

Mumbo pulled him in for a hug. He felt bad that Grian didn't know that he enjoyed it. He wanted to kiss him again but considering he was crying in his arms he decided against it. He didn't want to make the situation worse.

- Hey, Gri, it's ok, don't cry! -

Tightening the hug, he cried harder. Mumbo's shirt was getting soaked from Grian's salty tears. Mumbo peeled himself out of Grian's new grasp holding onto his chin to wipe some tears away. Grian slowly calmed down, stuttering much he spoke.

- w-why? -

Grian looked up confused as Mumbo just smiled gently at him. Pulling Grian's head up gently by the chin. Grian smiled softly as Mumbo wiped a tear away. He expected Mumbo to confess his love but he said something much more.

- we're best friends after all! -

(908 words. Love this ending :] (don't hate me please) PLUS GIT UP TO CHAPTER 9 ALL DONE~ Sculk)