Chapter 18

Vulpeca's POV

"Get over here. I want to speak with you." He said into the phone sounding stressed. I yawned grumpily as I sat up on my bed with my phone still pressed on my ear.

"It's fucking three a.m in the frickin morning. What the hell could be so important?" I hissed into the phone.
"Everyone's here, we're waiting for you. We got things to discuss I can't say over the phone." He answered.
"I'm c-coming." I yawned and closed the phone.

Stupid meetings.

Stupid organisation.

I got changed and left my room and walked down the hallway towards the meeting room. One good thing about living inside your workplace is that you rarely have to go out.

I transformed into my beautiful human form while walking since I remembered my promise to Ophiuchus that I wouldn't scare people with my demonic looks.
When I opened the door to the meeting room, I found Andromeda, Orion, Carina and Ophiuchus sitting around the round table it the centre of the room. I gave another yawn and sat on the only empty seat in between Ophiuchus and Carina.

"Operation capture zodiacs is complete." Andromeda announced with an evil smirk on his face. My eyes lit up in happiness while hearing the news.
"How?" Carina asked in awe.
"Got them to believe L.E.D was on their side." Andromeda shrugged still grinning. Ophiuchus gave a deep and hollow chuckle. "This is only phase one. Have they manifested their powers yet?" He asked.

"Most of them did, yes. But there are still some of them who didn't yet develop it." Andromeda answered.

"We can't receive samples of the powers that have not revealed themselves yet. We'll have to wait." Orion sighed.

"We don't have time for waiting! We cant give enough time for the kingdoms to rebuild their defences! We need to keep them on their knees until we can get the power!" I interfered.

"Then we'll continue bombing them. Make sure they can't stand back up." Ophiuchus hissed.
"It will probably only take a few days for them to fully gain their powers. I'll take samples immediately after the last one receives them." Orion pointed out.

My grin faded to a frown as I remembered. "Speaking about you, where did you go when I was trying capture the Zodiacs?" I asked glaring at Orion.

"You weren't trying to capture them, you were trying to kill them," Orion muttered looking anywhere but me.

"Alright, but where were you?" I asked leaning in and staring at him intensely.

"Had my own things I needed to take care of." He shrugged. I narrowed my eyes at him suspiciously. "Don't lie to me." I hissedd trying to catch his eye.

"Are you doubting my loyalty to this operation?" Orion asked raising a brow. I hissed at his emotionless face. "Of course not. I'm merely asking where you went off to." I said leaning back on my chair.

"And like I told you, I had my own things to take are of." He replied sternly. I growled and glanced at Ophiuchus to back me up.
"He had a cetian job to do. And none of it concerns you. Vulpeca." Ophiuchus said smoothly making me roll my eyes.

The meeting lasted an hour, but when I came back to my room I couldn't sleep at all. I felt as if someone was sitting right nexto me, waiting for me to talk, but whenever I looked around there was nobody there.

Get me Andromeda. Wherever he is.

Orion too. We need to talk to them.

A male voice echoed in my head after another two hours of not being able to fall asleep. Then the precence disappeared.

I lie down on my bed, confused at what just happened. Who was that? He seemed to know who Andromeda and Orion was, but.... No one in the world possesses powers like that other than the zodiac royal family bloodline.

The same weird precence appeared again this time it was stronger.

Take them and meet me at the border of Obnow in two days.

Don't be late.

Then it vanished again. I got creeped out immediately.

No.

This must be the power of one of those filthy Zodiacs. I can't trust him. But then, he wanted to talk to Orion and Andromeda.

Surely, Orion had already revealed his true identity to them. Right? If he were an enemy of this person, why would he want to talk to him like old pals?

I thought back to what Ophiuchus had taught me. The Zodiacs contained the most powerful form of magic in their blood. He taught me that only the Zodiacs and us, demons had supernatural abilities. But our demonic powers were no match to the Zodiacs.

The person speaking into my head could be a demon trying to help us! Or maybe it could be one of the Zodiacs.... But, they're stuck in the L.E.D headquarters. How were they going to meet me at the borders of Obnow if they were stuck here? Maybe I should trust the voice after all......

(⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠-⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠)⁠⁄⁄⁠(⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠-⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠)⁠⁄⁄⁠(⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠-⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠)⁠⁄⁄~~~~~(⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠-⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠)⁠⁄⁄⁠(⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠-⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠)⁠⁄⁄⁠(⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠-⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠)

\~~~→⁠_⁠→∆←⁠_⁠←~~~\
A/N

I am so so so very sorry for the late chapter, and how short this one is. But I'll make it upto you guys!
My exams are almost finished but I'm seriously thinking of discontinuing this book. I'm losing motivation and I don't really like it.

Should I still write or is it best if I stop?
.

.

.

.

Don't think I'm leaving out the daily lame joke.
.

.

.

.

.

I'm on a seafood diet.
.

.

.

.

.

.

I see food then I eat it.
.

.

.

.

.

.

Funny?

.

.

.

.

No?
.

.

.

Ok I'll leave you guys in peace ✌️