24

My mind started to buzz with all of the different ways this night could end as I secured my leather boots around my ankles. I stood up from my bed and adjusted my black leather pants. H had left less than an hour ago to get ready for tonight. I zipped up my leather jacket that hugged my body just right. I was comforted by the way it hugged my body. I pulled out a pair of black leather gloves from my pocket and slid my fingers into them.

What if this was a trap? What if Vincent wanted us to come tonight? What if he was waiting? He could kill me.

I thought as I walked over to my nightstand. I opened the drawer to find my gear, waiting for me to grab it. It called out to me, beckoning me to use it. I hesitated for a moment as I traced the metal barrel of the gun. It had been years since I used them. I had hoped to put these things away for good. I didn't want to be a monster, but in that moment I had to be.

I hope he's waiting, I'd like to watch the life leave his eyes and be done with it all.

The dark thought made me glare at the gun as I picked it up. If he was there, I'd make sure to kill him before he'd get to me or H. That's was a promise.

I slipped the gun into my waist band after I made sure the safety was on. I grabbed one of the hunting knives from the drawer and tucked it into my boot. I strapped the other one to my thigh. The blades were made of steel and glistened in the light. They were sharp and ready.

We had several hours to learn the names and faces of our targets. Mr. and Mrs. Dillard. They were guilty of doing business with our enemies.  They had been very familiar with my father and who he was. Some would even call them associates of ours. So he thought it was strange when he leaned of their betrayal that morning. 

I grabbed my black bandana off of the nightstand and tied it around my neck. I pulled it up over my face so my eyes were the only thing visible.

Everyone who knew or did business with my family knew we were looking for Vincent. They also knew we wanted him dead. 

H and I were going there tonight to get information and then silence them for good. We needed to set an example. If our business association weren't loyal, then they would be eliminated. They needed to be reminded of the power we held and who we were.

I turned on my heels and headed for my bedroom door. I walked slowly through the hall and down the stairs. I was ready for tonight, both mentally and physically.

The past few months had been an emotional rollercoaster for me. After spending years trying to run from who I was and what mistakes I had made, I was ready to face it. H had been there for me, even  in the darkest of moments. When I had hit rock bottom. With him at my side, I finally had the strength to to accept it and become who I needed to be. Those who were close to my heart knew of the love I had to offer, but also knew of the hate I could bring. I had to fall back into the darkness and allow it to consume me once again.

If not for myself, then I would for H. 

It would always be hard. We would always have to play the game right. In this world, there were no room for mistakes. You either kill or be killed.

"I didn't realize how sexy you were. Now I see why everyone wants a piece of you." Someone said behind me. The voice was unfamiliar, causing me to freeze in my tracks. I slowly turned around, and my face twisted with disgust.

"Name." I ordered the stranger, my hand resting on the gun in my waist band.

The smirk he wore made my skin burn. His short black hair was slicked back. He wore a black suit and tie, hands in his pockets.