Spelldrive Competing

Depuis le début

Grim glowers at Crowley. "Not. Interested! I wanna be on TV! I want everyone in the world fawning over me! 'Grim is sooooo cool! Did you see that play Grim made?' You get what I'm sayin'?"

Ace quirks an eye. "Your delusions are oddly specific, dude."

"Well, if you can't field a team, I'm afraid that's that. Maybe next year, Ramshackle House will get some new members." Deuce tries to reassure Grim. "But it's not happening this year."

"Anyway, as I believe I've mentioned, I'm a busy man. I must be off." Crowley waves you and the boys off.

Grim trails behind sadly. "Yeah, thanks for takin' me outta your busy day to build up my dreams and crush 'em! Myaaah! "

The Housewardens and the Headmage gather in the Mirror Chamber. Crowley steps forward, gathering everyones attention.

"I call to order this meeting of housewardens. Our agenda today concerns the October Spelldrive tournament. Let us begin with the report from the head of the tournament planning committee, Mr. Ashengrotto of Octavinelle house."

A boy with gray hair and glasses steps forward. He wears black gloves and a light lavender-blue vest under his school jacket.

"Greetings. I am Azul Ashengrotto, and it is my honor to lead the planning committee. I am pleased to announce that we have fully booked the grounds surrounding the coliseum. All of the kiosk space allotted to both internal organizations and external businesses is now full."

A boy besides him fist pumps. "Sweet! This tournament should be a real lively one, then."

The boy has crimson red eyes and white hair wrapped in a gold scarf. He wears a cream colored cardigan over his dark red vest.

Azul continues. "All invitations to various royalty have been sent, and public tickets are selling briskly.
And, as in past years, we have received numerous requests to cover the event from both television stations and print media."

"Sounds like the whole world will be watching." The crimson eyed boy says excitedly. "Before I was admitted here, I looked forward to receiving my VIP invitation every year."

He turns to the lion leaning against a wall, examining his nails. "I imagine you got them too, Leona? We might have run into each other at the tournament when we were kids!"

Leona doesn't look up. "Who knows? And also, who cares, Kalim?"

A boy with blonde hair with lavender dyed ends puts a gloved hand to his chest. His vest is a dark purple. "This year, I'll have to work extra hard on my makeup to make sure I'm shining like a diamond on the new Ultravision displays. With all the exertion, I'll need to be touching it up constantly!"

Riddle sighs, shaking his head. "House Pomefiore is the only dorm that regularly calls timeouts to fix their makeup."

A tall, pale boy stands the furthest away from the group. He wears an oversized gray hoodie and has blue lips. He has long hair that looks like it's made of blue fire. "How can you all be so excited to be on TV? Just the idea of it makes me wanna puke."

Azul clears his throat. "As I was saying."

Kalim looks sheepishly back to Azul. "Oops, sorry."

"Now, as soon as your dorms' player rosters are settled, I'll need your registration documents. Any dorm that is even a single day late-"

"Will be promptly disqualified, I trust." Riddle interrupts, folding his arms.

Azul forces a smile at the red haired boy. "No. They will be charged a handling fee. Consider it remuneration for rush processing."