Medic Corps

V was more than surprised by Kaden's request. Such a drastic thought was not like him at all, but considering today's circumstances it made perfect sense to him. And somehow it dovetailed perfectly with his previous train of thought. "Okay, I will. Promise," V looked at Kaden seriously to show him that he meant it and understood Kaden's concerns. Then he leaned over to him and pressed his lips to Kaden's. He stayed in that pose for a moment, not moving a muscle. He just wanted to feel Kaden's closeness and being able to do it in such an intimate way made his whole body tingle. Why hadn't he been able to do this a year ago? Was it really only a few weeks now that they were this close? It seemed so natural to V that he wondered why he had even bothered. He started to smile into the kiss, at their foolishness from a few months ago. He clasped Kaden's cheek and pulled him a little closer. He even thought of the perfect idea to distract and cheer himself and Kaden up.

Luckily, Ash wasn't in the apartment right now. Kaden opened his mouth slightly and V accepted this invitation. Teasingly, his tongue brushed Kaden's lower lip and bit into it gently. "I have a great idea what we could do now," V whispered seductively and put his hand on Kaden's hip.

"And what?" Kaden asked in the same tone, hopeful. V engaged Kaden in a brief French kiss before abruptly sitting back up and holding up two controllers that had been lying next to him on the couch. He'd spotted Ash's console when they'd arrived the day before, and as long as his brother wasn't here, they could hijack the gem. Kaden's hopeful look quickly gave way to a pissed-off expression, and Kade glared at V over the frame of his glasses. "You serious, man?"

"Yeah," V started laughing out loud and he was almost sorry for putting him on the wrong track like that, but the look on his face had been so worth it. That was exactly the look he had been expecting. "I'll make it up to you, I promise."

"Oh, I should hope so," he grabbed one of the controllers V was holding and shoved him backwards onto the sofa as punishment. V turned on the projector and the console and a fierce battle for the best score began.

When Ash approached his apartment again after a little over an hour, he could hear the boys bickering from afar. "You've got to be kidding me, how the hell did you see me there?" grumbled Kaden loudly.

"Your scope gave you away," V replied smugly, and Ash could hear the wide grin in his voice. Obviously they were over the biggest shock, good.

"Damn."

"Haha, now I get a wish," V chuckled cheekily the moment Ash walked into the apartment. With an obligatory grim look, he silently eyed V and Kaden and let his gaze wander, briefly, demonstratively to the picture on the wall.

"It came on by itself," V tried the lame excuse as to why they were playing with Ash's sanctuary, but the wide grin on his face ruined even the remnant of seriousness in that moronic attempt. Ash rolled his eyes and gave a grunt before disappearing into the bedroom. V and Kaden didn't bother and started the next round. V already knew exactly what he wanted to do as a wish.

Ash didn't say anything when he came back into the living room, he just sat down on the couch with the two of them and went through his messages. His phone was completely littered with messages about the incident from the city, many of them addressed to Ash directly. He drank his water while going through all the stuff and updating himself, he didn't learn many new things though. It just went something like Kyle and Ash had explained. Zeta had taken care of most of the carnage and the gang, Medic didn't set foot in the bank until after Zeta was done. There was no need to hurry anyway. Most of those who had been able to afford insurance had been dead before the rescue chips could sound the alarm. The leader and a few others had escaped, though the name of the supposed android and leader had been found out. He had never made such an impressive appearance until today.