4} 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

Start from the beginning

"Ah- well, you see, I'd like to cash in one of my little favors," stated Tsukauchi.

Eraserhead nods, urging the detective to continue.

"There's a vigilante running around Japan, and apparently-" Tsukauchi glares at the other two mid-sentence, they wince, "these two idiots are having trouble catching him. The vigilante is skilled, I'll give him that, and as much as I want to let the kid do our jobs, it's illegal."

Eraserhead's eyes narrow at the detective.

"Kid? As in a child?" Eraserhead growls out.

"We're not sure of his age, but based on his build and height, I'd say he's a child. Now if you'd agree to take on his case, I'll share the files to your account," the detective explains.

Eraserhead grunts in agreement.

"Might as well before they send the HPSC after 'im," he says lowly.

Tsukauchi smiles at Eraserhead's cooperation. It's not really a surprise that Aizawa-kun would hop on the case. It's to be expected as always. Though if Naomasa were to say that outloud, he's sure that Aizawa-kun would blame Shinsou-chan.

-------

Izuku's feet are on fire. Not literally of course, but it sure feels like it. His entire body aches. If Izuku had to blame someone, it'd be Kacchan. Sure, his childhood bully doesn't exactly matter at all anymore. But still.

When Izuku finally stops running, he's in front of his home. Which definitely is not just some old abandoned hotel... It's an abandoned hotel. When Izuku first found it, it was such a mess. A literal disaster. During the time Izuku found himself settling in the old hotel, he did some digging and it turns out this hotel is almost 40 to 50 years old but somehow still in good condition (good enough condition for Izuku). An article said that the building was pretty much damaged beyond repair due to a villain attack.

He powers up Enhancer, and sprints up the stairs. Once he reaches his room, he flops onto the giant mattress. For an abandoned hotel, the master bedroom is still in almost tip top shape (with some of Izuku's handiwork, that is). He kicks off his combat boots, and drops his mask next to his bed. Izuku takes a deep breath, letting the smell of cleanish fabric hit his nose. He practically passes out once he closes his eyes.

Patrol had been successful for the most part. He stopped muggers and bad guys, a few druggies here and there. He can't really say anything about the druggies 'cause Izuku understands. He knows it's hard not to do it and he knows it's relaxing in a way. It's not really the druggies he's after though. It's more of the drug dealers he has a vendetta against.

Izuku may take a few here and there, but he's not addicted. He's not even a drunk! He only drinks when he really needs it, like when he's injured super bad. Or if he's in too much pain to deal with. Or- ... Maybe just a little bit of a drunk.

Izuku's phone goes off. The little notification sound he has set for Hitoshi, meows from a cat, is loud and echoes throughout Izuku's room. Hitoshi must be checking in, as he does after every patrol. Izuku sits up while grabbing his phone, squinting at the bright screen (it's on the lowest setting).

And yes, it in fact was Hitoshi. Not only was Hitoshi checking in, but Kacchan was also blowing up Izuku's phone (not literally this time). The same message from Hitoshi he gets every night.

Hitoshi <3

R u good?
read 12:09 am

Izuku squints at the bright screen, reading the text quickly. A couple taps on the screen and then he's done.

Izuku :P

Im good. U?
sent 12:09 am

Hitoshi <3

Yea. The UA entrance exam is coming up. Wanna train later?
read 12:10 am

Izuku blinks slowly, huffing a sigh and replying again. He's thought about it, sure. But that doesn't mean he should do it. It's not a good idea. It really isn't a good idea. Though there's no harm in actually going to UA as long as he stays out of the spot light and lays low, right?

Izuku :P

Sure. The trash beach?

Hitoshi <3

K.

Btw my dads r coming.

Izuku :P

K. c u there tomorrow?

Hitoshi <3

c u there
Read 12:17

Izuku marks all Kacchan's texts as read then sets the phone beside him. He huffs a tired sigh, and slowly drifts off to sleep.

Everything for Hitoshi is somewhat perfect to him. It's all exceptionally perfect. He has two loving fathers, an amazing aunt and uncle, his family is mostly made up of heroes, and he has a high chance of going to UA. At least through his dad's recommendation he does. It's all so surreal. Hitoshi even has a best friend who's a hero (illegally)! Hitoshi's cousin (not actual cousin but you know how it is) has a high chance of getting into UA.

Hitoshi's dream is to go to UA and become a Pro Hero. He wants to help people that are like him, and maybe even prove his middle school classmates wrong. But what Hitoshi wants more than anything is for his best friend to go to UA with him. He wants his best friend to be a hero. A legal hero, not a vigilante. Hitoshi is tired of hiding his best friend from the law, he's tired of finding his best friend bleeding out somewhere outside. He's tired of being so scared for his boyfrie- best friend. You heard nothing.

Hitoshi wants his best friend to be able to sleep an entire night, to eat fulfilling meals, and to have someone to care for him. Someone Izuku will allow to care for him. Hitoshi cares for Izuku a lot, he worries for him a lot. It's probably evident by now, but Hitoshi really loves Izuku.

Tomorrow, or in the morning, Hitoshi's parents will meet Izuku. That's a good thing, right? Sure it is! Hitoshi is almost positive that his parents will take a liking to Izuku. Everyone always takes a liking to Izuku (not always in the best ways).

Hitoshi just hopes that they like Izuku so much that they'll save Izuku.

Hitoshi really hopes that they'll save him.