Ame

America 3rd Person POV:

The feeling of anxiety and dread gobbled up his stomach the entire time he ran, clutching the bag of breakfast with white knuckles, to where his brother lived. 

Of course, he hadn’t figured that it would be a piece of cake getting Russia to help him. That was exactly what he had planned for, actually. Tell him why he needed help, leave enough questions to get him to snoop around, and then mosey into his life a couple of days later and see how his opinions changed then. 
But since that talk, Russia clearly hadn’t even tried to look into it at all. Instead, he was in a cafe with Germany, talking over some other sort of mission. He didn’t seem to believe him at all, and only cared about what America had done in the past.

Ame bit his lip when he felt a slight static feeling dance in his fingers, and he walked even faster. 

Russia hadn’t been the first country he had tried to come to for help. The first one had actually been Canada, his older brother. When Ame had first told him about it, it was more of an, “oh, my fingers are tingling,” thing. It had felt stronger than the usual cut off blood circulation thing, but it hadn’t concerned him, because he knew that within a few minutes it would go away. 

For whatever reason, it had stayed for an hour. And came back at least once a week. 

Sighing to himself, he turned onto a neighborhood, walked up a driveway, and knocked on a maple-colored door. 

“Hey, brother!” Canada’s red-and-white face grinned at him, and he moved aside to let Ame step in. “Thanks for picking up the order.” 

“No problem,” he mumbled, plopping it on the counter. 
He immediately noticed the downcast emotion and frowned. “What happened?” 

Falling onto the brown leather couches, Ame groaned, wishing that the couches would swallow him up. “I tried asking Russia for help.” 
“YOU WHAT!?” 

Flinching at the outburst, he stared at the woolen rug on the wooden floors. “I thought he would help,” he mumbled. 

Canada sat in front of him, his expression worried, and his maple leaf scrunched up. He opened and closed his mouth, trying to say something, and fiddled with his hands. Finally, he said, “Explain.” 

Ame let out a breath. “Well, I got concerned about it. So I tried to call the police station about it, but they never replied back to me, and when I called again and tried to request the policeman I called earlier, they told me that he quit his job. Which really confused me, because surely, even if that policeman had quit his job, they wouldn’t have forgotten about me, right?” 

His brother nodded along as he spoke. “So what did they say?” 
“I told this new policeman my problem, and they promised that they would look into it. So I waited another week, and called back. Funnily enough, yet again, that policeman quit his job.” Ame bit his lip again, remembering how his blood had run cold and he stammered out a thanks before hanging up the phone. “I think I had cost them their job, Nada!” 

His older brother patted his leg. “Hey, it’s okay. It’s not your fault.” 
“Finally,” he muttered. “Every other time it is.” 

Looking pale, he smiled nervously and added, “Um, yeah. Why don’t you ever, you know, turn away from breaking the law?” 

Ame narrowed his eyes at him. His brother was a confusing one, sometimes. For the most part, he was sweet, calm, and smart. When they were younger, Ame had felt a sort of duty to protect Canada, even though he was technically younger. But as they got older, Canada would be missing from his room in the middle of the night, or he would tense up at random conversations and wouldn’t talk much about them.