It was short and sweet, just a little question as to why was she sleeping on a bench, and not in her home? Plus a little reminder than if he needed any help he was always there, and she could email back if she wanted to. 

Just for pizzazz, he added a smiley face at the end. 

When he sent it, something bloomed in his chest, and he gasped. A new feeling! Quickly, he searched it up, and couldn’t hold back the giggle that escaped from him. It was pride! He really had done it, sending an email to somebody he didn’t know, and they hadn’t even asked him too! UN, EU, and ASEAN would be proud of his accomplishment. No longer was he a mindless robot, only doing what others bid him too!

Now, if only he could get them to agree to have him walk around and pick things up. 

Happy with this new finding, he continued to bask in his pride. For knowing everything known in the world, it was awesome that he could still learn new things. 

And then he felt it. It was a tiny blip, almost electrical like, but it gnawed at his foot. Confused, he searched up that feeling too. A few things came up, and he scrolled on through, dissatisfied with what they showed, when his eyes lit up. 

Static! He was feeling static! 
NATO looked down at his foot and giggled when he saw part of his right shoe blip in and out of existence. 
“It tickles,” he commented, grinning. Another swell of pride washed over him. I learned two new things today! Take that, Google! 

As the sun began to rise up for a new day, he hoped that those feelings would never end. The world was a funny place, and one that he very much enjoyed. 

Japan 3rd Person POV: 

The bickering birds around her woke her up. Fluttering her eyes, she yawned and stretched. For some reason her back hurt, and she shivered. 

Maybe her blanket had fallen off again. 

Opening her eyes, she opened her mouth again when she suddenly stopped mid-yawn. “I’m outside!?” she cried out, wiping her eyes. “And I slept on a bench!?” 

Somebody chuckled, and she immediately jerked to whoever was laughing at her. Only a few countries strolled around on the sidewalks, briskly heading to their destinations, and all of them were too far away. Only NATO stood in the center of the attraction, like usual, and as she squinted at him, she could make out the shaking form of him laughing. 

Her face buzzed with a blush and she stood up, smoothing down her skirt and grabbing her notebook. 
Storming up to NATO, she hissed, “Don’t tell this to anyone!” before walking off. 

“I would check your email!” he called out. “It might have something interesting!” 

Her small black brows pulled together in a frown. What did he mean by that? Did he search through her history? Her heartbeat began to tap a little faster. 

Did they find out what she was trying to do? Will they force her to quit her job and sign a paper that will force her to never even breathe the word detective? Are they fining her for sleeping on the bench? 

Panicked, she whipped out her cell phone and opened the gmail app. When she saw the heading Hello! from NATO, her heart had managed to squeeze itself into her throat, and with shaking fingers, she clicked on it. 

Hey, she read, I just wanted to check up on you. Were you waiting for somebody? Are you on a self-employed mission? If you ever need anything or want someone to bounce ideas with, you can always come talk to me at night, or just email me back! Trust me when I say that I have a lot of hidden resources. :)

She blinked. Out of everything she could have received, she never expected to get an email from a literal robot, asking how she was. 
Thanks, but aren’t you not allowed to disclose any information locked away from the public? she texted back.