BC103: Temptation (Baba Tribe vs. Heroes)-3

Start from the beginning

"Vacuo has its own frequency?" Neptune said.

"The ships are all designed a little different," Penny explained. "So they give off different signals... I don't think a normal meat person would be able to hear the difference."

"She just dunked on us, big time," Meridian noted. "Weiss tells me Hamish is with the Argus force now. Good, be glad to have him when we go against the knaves in the actual tribe. I hope this detour was worth it."

"Both Winter and Raven think these pirates could help us with our strategy," Qrow said. "Either way, we have to cut off the tribe's means of escape, and that means their little runners. We know they fly right up to them thanks to Fall's stunt."

"Does it make you mad how effective it was when we all hate the idea of it?" Neptune asked.

"Oh, sure," Yang said. "I'm going to hit her so hard if she's still alive when I find her. And all the rest of them too."

"If we find her, Hot Stuff," Neptune said, "I think she'll be in too bad a shape for that."

He was a lot more right than they knew.

* * *

The pirates were flying  to meet Watts, who had bribed a different pilot to fly him to a meeting point between Vacuo and Vale's eastern end, close to Argus, as it happened.

Along the way, the plane had been followed by flying Grimm, which carried the bandits to them.

Hypnosia had had some trouble controlling hers now that she lacked a shot... Mino's hadn't bothered him as much, though he'd also been debugged... Maybe it sensed that he was not fully convinced yet. He covered for Hypnosia, likely, though he said nothing about it.

The other bandits didn't notice--they were too focused on the danger of catching the plane in mid-air.

But finally they boarded and sped on their way towards Watts.

"Does he know we're picking him up?" one of the other bandits asked.

"I don't think he does," Hypnosia said. "Just that the crew is."

"Keep it that way till he's subdued," Anne Bonny remarked. "I've heard he's pretty dangerous on a machine.  Not in a real fight, though. Landlubber scum."

"You're not much better," Teach remarked.

She clocked him with her glock. [If I made you look up what that is, mission successful.]

"We're picking up on the ship," Calico said. "I think it's regulation. Should we adjust course?"

"Of course--" began one of the bandits, but Hypnosia spoke up. 

"No," she said.

Calico gave her a strange look. "But they might be Argus."

"The odds of that are pretty slim," Hypnosia said. "And this is the fastest route. Mala does not like to wait. No other ship would bother to ask us who we are unless they were in distress. We're in mid air. And if you slow us down over a slight scare, I don't want to be the one scolded for it later."

She waved her hand threateningly. "Do you have a problem with that?"

Calico knew her power.

"No." He swallowed and went back to flying.

No one else questioned it.

Privately, Hypnosia wondered if it was Argus. Why would they be out here?

But if it wasn't, she had no reason to avoid it, and if it was them, they might catch them... She could only hope then that they all knew she was secretly on their side.