Chapter Five

After the scene with my ex, the father of my only child. He can't just walk into my life again. He just can't. It's not fair to my son, nor is it fair to me. I can't believe he saw my son and thought it was his. I know it's his. But he can't find out. Not like this. I will tell him one day. Just not today. I have raised my three year old just fine. He lives a great life. But it would be nice to give him a good father figure. Oliver would have been a great dad if he actually paid any sort of attention to me ever since his departure.

"Mama I want pancakes!" My son whispers into my right ear. He gives me a kiss and holds me close.

"Mommy will make them for you." He gets up and starts jumping up and down on the bed. I tickle his belly and he falls down right next to me. He smiles and shows a dimple just like his fathers. I take my blanket off me and slide on my slippers. I look at the time and it is six a.m. Walking over to the stove I begin mixing the pancake ingredients. Today they are going to be blueberry. That way he gets some fruit in him. He doesn't like fruit that much unless it's in things.

I flip the pancakes and put syrup and whipped cream on them. I sprinkle a bit of powdered sugar on it.

"Yummy yummy." My son says as he sits at the dinner table. He eats them rather quickly. I eat one just like his. Andre ate two whole pancakes with a smoothie on the side. We get dressed for the day and I do the breakfast dishes. Ready to go to grandma's for the day. Its Saturday so I am off of work. I get Andre into his carseat and I get buckled up. He gets excited about grandmas. Grandma always has something for him. Sometimes candy or toys. I visit my moms every weekend. So his toys that she gets him stays at her place. That way my home doesn't get cluttered.

After the half hour drive to my mom's house I feel a wave of nausea hit me. I walk into the house with Andre on my hip. He is getting so big. His dad is six five. So he is tall for his age. He is tall and skinny.

I walk into the living room and set him down. I then walk into the kitchen to see my mom. I give her a hug. She turns around with a smile. My younger brother walks in the kitchen with his shirt off abs on full display.

"Put on a shirt Max." I laugh at him for a bit.

"I heard hottie is back in town." My little brother is the gayest man you will ever meet. We have the same taste in men which is funny.

"You can have Oliver." I laugh a bit at my words.

"Baby daddy more like daddy to me," he says this and I laugh.

"He is hot as hell. You always get the hot guys. It isn't fair." He states with a smile. I give him a hug. He is all sweaty and gross from working out.

I go back to Andre who is playing with his transformers toys. He loves optimus prime. I grab one of the guys I don't know. And we start to play.

"Mom prime always wins." He says as we make our characters fight like Rock'em sock'em robots. We play for hours on the ground. My butt goes numb from sitting for so long. Max walks in now fully clothed.

"There's my little man." He says opening his arms for a hug. Andre goes up to him for the hug. They are best friends. When andre was born he was like his father. He helped me a lot.

"Uncle Max!" He giggles as Ruddy tickels him.

My mom walks in with chicken salad sandwiches. Andre's favorite. My mom makes them really good. We eat lunch and I put Andre down for a nap in my old room. He falls asleep quickly and I pick up all his toys. My mom begins to talk to me.

"He is the sweetest little guy. You are raising him well. But he needs his father." She states and I am taken aback.

"He is fine." I state with a smile.

"Come on listen to your mother." She says.

"Not this time. I don't want to fight for custody." I frown.