Chapter Four

"Stay in the car Andre. I need to go see who this is." I explain and he nods.

I get out of my car to figure out who is in the expensive car. It's remarkably shiny. I walk up to the window in the front of the car. It's a man with shades in a suit. I carefully knock on the window. The man opens the window and says, "Mr. Gregory would like to see you."

"Well, you can tell him to fuck off," I say this proudly. I don't need Oliver.

The back window opens and it's Oliver.

"Go to hell," I say this and then give him the bird. My son is still in the car hiding from his father.

He steps out of the car and his cologne hits me in the face. A nice fragrance fills the air. He walks up to me with a grin on his face.

"Mommy!" My kid shouts at me as he slams my car door. He got out of his car seat by himself, I swear this kid is a genius.

"Yes, baby," I say walking toward him not caring about Oliver.

"Who is the man who smells funny?" he asks me and I laugh.

"Mommy's ex-boyfriend." I scoop him up and kiss his right cheek.

"Oh, the one aunty doesn't speak of." I nod and smile at Oliver. You can see his reaction to seeing Andre for the first time.

"How old is he?" Oliver asks.

"He just turned three," I explain with a smile.

"Is he mine?" he asks. I quickly respond with a "No" the the lie just pouring out of me like water.
He gets back in the fancy car. He leaves without saying anything else. The car hits the curb on his way out.

We turn to go inside. Once inside I set Andre down. I walk to his bedroom and I can tell he is tired from the daycare. He never sleeps at nap time there. How is a kid supposed to go to sleep on a yoga mat?

"Do you want anything?" I ask.

"I tired," he explains and then yawns.

It's 7 p.m. now. And his bedtime is 8 p.m.

"Go shower." I point to his bathroom and he walks to it.

I pick out a pajama outfit. They have dinosaurs on them. Andre loves dinosaurs. After the shower, a half hour passes and it's a little bit in time for bed. I get him some grapes to eat during storytime.

We read a quick book and Andre falls asleep. I walk out take my shower and then I slide into bed under my covers.