Chapter 23 - Sweet

Start from the beginning

Isabella's birthday is in two months and I want to make something special but I still had no ideas. I put my notebook on the table to start looking while I have my lunch, my kids were out so I'd be eating alone today. I typed a few places, there was a show of Ed Sheeran, I know she likes him but it was sold out already, I should have looked earlier. I had a sip of wine still without ideas when I looked at the glass and I smiled, that's it, I searched for vineyards still uncertain of what exactly I wanted when I found a horseback riding wine tour here in New York. That'd be perfect, two of Isa's favorites. I booked the whole package and added a few extra things.

I made sure to book the weekend of her birthday on my schedule so it wouldn't coincide with my meetings, I'm beginning a new movie project that I've been craving to do and I called one of the investors of shark tank to present my personal project I've been working for years now, this'll be a busy year.

....

I called Isa on my way to the premiere, she went to her mother's birthday party and despite they being in relatively good terms I still got a bit apprehensive.

"Hi honey bun"

"Hey gorgeous"

"How's going?"

"Boring but peaceful so far, they wouldn't throw a tantrum in front of their friends and risk their perfect family picture"

"Oh baby" I wanted to wrap her in my arms and take her pain away.

"What about you?"

"I'm in the car on my way"

"Can you come to my apartment after the premiere? I'll try to sneak out earlier, I want to see you"

"Sure baby, I can't wait"

I arrived just after Susan, we walked the red carpet together and gave a few interviews before settling to watch the screening, we sat down beside Jessica and the rest of the crew. In the middle of the screening I felt my phone buzzing in my purse. I picked it to check what was that.

Oh this girl, she knows exactly what she's doing and it's working, I can't wait to get out of here and get lost in her

....

I fell asleep for some time on the flight back from my trip to China and woke up with the captain announcing our arrival.

"Ladies and gentlemen we'll be landing at JFK airport in 20 minutes. For your safety and the safety of those around you please remain seated with your seat belt fastened and keep the aisles clear until we are parked at the gate"