Chapter 3 - Call me maybe

Isabella's POV

I can't believe I met Catherine Zeta-Jones, she's amazing, she's smart, funny and the prettiest woman in the world. Everything about her is captivating, I think I spent the rest of the day just smiling.

                                                                         ....

"Ugh" I woke up with my alarm ringing in my ears, I looked at the time: 8 am! I turned it off rolling to the other side of the bed. I had a show jump today, I'd only be competing at 14 pm but needed to get there one hour before so I started to get ready. I took a shower, ate my breakfast or at least tried, I was extra nervous today, besides my anxiety, yesterday I invited Catherine to watch the competition, I don't know why I did it she's probably the busiest person with a lot of important things to do, I must be crazy.

It is now 10 am, I'm headed to the jockey club, I'd be doing some warm up, then lunch and finally the show jumping. I'm not a careerist, it's more like a hobby, today I'm having fun! I love horses, being around them and hopefully working with them one day.

                                                                         ....

The Juniors class just finished and my class was next, before we start we do a little warm up by walking on the ground tracing the entire course we'll be doing but on foot, counting the steps, to each obstacle, after we finish we get back in our positions. I was the fifth in line so I was checking if everything was in order, I was a little nervous but a good nervous. When the third rider finished his course they instructed me to get up on my horse, a beautiful bay horse, her name is Dakota, that means friend, she is indeed my best friend. Finally they announced my name, okay here we go I said softly to her, We went to the course and quickly entered a gallop, getting speed and jumping every obstacle, I was fast but knocked down one bar, I think I still beat my personal record though. the feeling was exhilarating! Before exiting the course I looked over the bleachers and couldn't believe, Catherine was there in all her beauty wearing a long blue dress, a white hat and sunglasses, her beautiful hair was down, she was cheering me on, I think if it was possible I'd faint. I entered the stalls area to take off the saddle, put my horse on the stall and give her a few treats, I was practically running when I finished, I had to see Catherine. My heart accelerated and didn't know if it was because I was running or because I saw her.

"Hey you were great there" she said

"Thank you! I'm glad you came"

There were two kids with her, her daughter and her son

"This is my son Dylan and my daughter Carys" She said with the biggest smile melting my heart.

"Hi, I'm Isabella, nice to meet you two!!"

They introduced themselves a little bit shy but very well mannered, they were so cute, Dylan looked a lot like Catherine but Carys looked like her father I guessed.

Catherine and I talked for a few minutes, they had another appointment so they couldn't stay longer. I was walking with them to the exit when Catherine asked for my phone, I didn't thought I just gave it to her. She took it typing something

"Here, now you have my number"

She said giving back my phone and smiling

She apologized for not staying longer and congratulated me once more and for my surprise she hugged me, it was just a few seconds but it felt like a dream, she smelled like heaven, her perfume has a spicy floral scent.

"Call me when you're in Manhattan if you want, we can grab a lunch or something" I said, I didn't know where the courage came from

"I sure will" she said smiling

We said goodbye and they left. I got back to the stalls to grab my things and go to my parents house.

I was back from the competition, I got second place!! Now I going back to Manhattan, I had already packed my suitcase and put in my car, I said goodbye to my parents and hit the road.

                                                                             ....

I kept staring at my phone screen, I had Catherine Zeta-Jones number, can you believe that? I didn't even know what to do, should I text or should I wait her to text me? Can I call her? This is her personal number or did an assistant managed it? Ugh so many questions, I'll think about later.

                                                               ....

I was scrolling through Instagram, I started following Catherine yesterday, while I was checking my feed a notification popped

I accepted the request, I can't believe I'm friends with Catherine. I was doing a little dance internally. I put the phone down cause I had work to finish.

                                             Thursday

I was organizing some things in the office when my phone started buzzing, I put the last folder in the drawer and picked my phone but when I looked at the screen I froze. Catherine was calling me, OMG what do I do? Was standing in the middle of my office staring at my phone like a statue, I quickly picked up before it stopped ringing.

"Hello"

"Hello darling it's Catherine"

"Hi Catherine" I tried to sound as normal as possible

"I'll be in Manhattan tomorrow, I have a few meetings in the morning, are you free to have lunch with me?"

"Yes I am!".