Chapter 18 - My funny valentine

Isabella's POV

After New Year Catherine was busy with her movie premiere and interviews and I was busy with my new work at the vet clinic, which was going well. Catherine called on Friday and asked me If I had the weekend free, she had two passes to the Super Bowl on Sunday and wanted me to go with her. When we arrived at the stadium there were many celebrities arriving and we were right behind Gisele Bündchen and Tom Brady, Catherine laughed at my shocked expression and interlaced her fingers with mine as we entered.

We went to our seats with our popcorn, it was the Panthers vs the Broncos playing, Catherine is more of a sports fan than I am but her energy is contagious.

"Come on!!" She complained when one of the players missed the pass and I smiled.

Time passed fast and we were now in the halftime. We were vibing to Coldplay, they're one of my favorite bands.

"I used to rule the world

Seas would rise when I gave the word

Now in the morning, I sleep alone

Sweep the streets I used to own

I used to roll the dice

Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes

Listen as the crowd would sing

Now the old king is dead, long live the king

One minute, I held the key

Next the walls were closed on me

And I discovered that my castles stand

Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand"

"This is really cool" I said a bit louder so she could hear me. I was looking at her, she was dancing in place to the song.

"I'm so glad you're here with me honey" she said pulling me to dance.

We were still in California, our flight was on Monday night so we went out to lunch, while we waited for our food Catherine was looking something at her phone and I was admiring her. She noticed I was staring at her and looked at me raising her eyebrow and smiling, I had to capture that moment in a picture. I love photographing her, she always looks like she belongs in a museum, she's pure art and poetry in its finest.

....

We got back in New York, when the plane landed I turned on my phone and checked a few messages, one was from my friend asking if I had saw this headline about me and Catherine and sent me the link, I opened it and my jaw dropped.

Well at least they don't know my identity I thought.

"Honey what's wrong?"

"Huh?"

"You look worried" She said and I showed her the headline, she looked at it and squeezed my hand in a comforting way.

"Are you alright babe? You were outed in a gossip tabloid..." I asked her.

"I'm used to them invading my privacy, which doesn't make it right, but it would happen sooner or later I just choose not to let their opinions interfere with my life. But what about you honey?"

"I'm kind of used to a few headlines too, now I only care about a certain woman I love" I said squeezing her hand back and she gave me the prettiest smile, I'd do anything for that smile.

"One day at a time right? It's gonna be okay"

One week later

Catherine came on Friday night to spent the weekend with me, it was our first Valentine's Day and I was so excited.

In the morning I got up and looked out the window, the sky was grey, it was drizzling and the weather was a bit cold, one of my favorites kind of days to go out, unless it's raining, then it's perfect to stay in bed with a cup of tea, candles and a tv show. We'd go to a movie date at the cinema to watch Now you see me 2 after lunch.

I got ready and sat on the couch scrolling though instagram while I waited for Catherine. I picked a grey T-shirt, a black leather jacket, black tight pants and boots. After about 10 minutes she came in saying she was ready, when I look up my heart skipped a beat, she was gorgeous, her hair was up in a ponytail highlighting her cheeks and jawline, she was wearing jeans pants, a white tank top underneath a black trench coat and black boots. Her makeup was her signature smokey eyes and a pinkish nude lipstick on her soft lips. She gave me the brightest smile and I got up walking in her direction, I put my hands on her waist bringing me closer to her.

"You look beautiful" I said to her caressing her sides and noticed a slightly pink in her cheeks.

"Thank you honey, you too" my turn to blush.

"Let's go then" I said grabbing the car keys, she picked her bag and phone as I opened the door for her.

We arrived there and went directly to buy the tickets, I hugged her while we waited in line, I was smelling her perfume.

We bought the popcorn and went to our seats, it was in one of the last rows in the back, it had a better view, we sat and shortly the lights started dimming leaving the room dark.

We finished the popcorn in the middle of the movie and she was resting her hand on my thigh, it was distracting me, she seemed to have noticed because once in a while she squeezed it. I put my hand on top of hers and she eased her grip smiling. The movie was almost ending, I started leaning closer, my face was a few inches from hers, I breathed on her neck and she turned her head to face me, I looked into her eyes, they were sparkling with the screen lights, then I dropped my gaze to her mouth, in a second I brought my lips to hers and kissed her slowly. We kissed until the movie ended and the lights turned back on.

Sunday

I woke up with the alarm ringing in my year, I turned it off and looked at Catherine, she was still sleeping, I got up putting a robe and went to the kitchen to prepare a breakfast for her.

I ordered flowers and they delivered in the morning, I went to pick up and put them on a vase with water so they stay fresh. I started preparing the food and I finished with the coffee, I made a latte art, I was getting good at it, then I arranged everything in the tray and went back to the bedroom. I put the tray on the bedside table alongside her present, I got her a new perfume from Dior that she was crazy about and sat by her side, I stroke her cheek gently and she began to wake up.

"Hey beautiful, good morning" I said.

She shuffled and her eyes stared at me.

"Good morning my love"

"I brought you breakfast" She sat up covering herself with the sheets and fixing her hair, like the three strands that were out of place.

"Wow that's amazing honey, thank you"

"Happy Valentine's Day" I said leaning and giving her a quick kiss but when I was backing off she pulled me in for a long one before stopping for air.

"I love you my sweet valentine"

"I love you too" I said caressing her face.

Catherine finished her breakfast first and got up walking to the closet naked and came back in a robe and a little white box in her hands, I finished my juice and put the tray aside while she walked back to bed.

"I got you something" She said smiling and handing me the box.

I opened it, it was a gold horseshoe with tiny diamonds studded necklace.

"It's so beautiful Cath, thank you babe"

I took it from the box and Catherine got behind me, I handed her the necklace and moved my hair to the side, she put it on my neck before leaving a kiss.

We spent the rest of the day cuddled up in bed watching F1 and making out.