Chapter 19 - She looks so perfect

Catherine's POV

Isa and I had our first Valentine's Day and we spent it together. She's a romantic girl, it's rare to find someone romantic these days, she's so special and I'm lucky to have her in my life. She's like a breath of fresh air.

My family came from Wales for Easter, Dylan and Carys were on spring break from school and was so good to have the whole family together. They welcomed Isa with open arms in the family and it feels like everything is in its place.

After we ate lunch we started playing cards, Texas hold 'em, one of my favorites. We were two hours at the table, my parents had already gave up and were in the living room with the kids, it was just me, Isa and my brothers.

Later we all gathered in the living room, I was in a animated conversation with my family in Welsh when I glared at Isa and she looked tense, I was worried so I mouthed for her to meet me in the kitchen.

"Honey are you alright?" I asked brushing her cheek softly, she didn't answered and I was going to ask her again but she kissed me. I was surprised but I quickly picked up the pace before we stopped for some air.

"Sorry" She said breathing hard, I was confused.

"What's wrong darling?"

"You're very hot when you speak Welsh" She said blushing, I smiled and kissed her.

"I thought you were sick or upset" I said chuckling when we separated again.

"Well, I was getting very hot" she said laughing.

I leaned in with my mouth millimeters from her ear.

"I can speak more later if you want" I said with a low voice and looked at her, she was biting her lip. I can't believe me speaking Welsh turns her on, that's interesting I thought smirking.

....

One month later

On Friday was Isa's birthday and I was taking her to dinner but I organized a surprise party on Saturday, it was my kids idea and I loved it. I called her friends and her brother, she thought she was coming to have lunch with me and the kids, I was a bit nervous, everything has to be perfect.

I got ready in a bit of a rush, I still had to drive to Manhattan to pick up Isa and I was already late. Luckily there was no traffic on the way and I arrived at her apartment on time.

"Hi babe, oh you look gorgeous" She said when she opened the door. I wasn't focusing on anything, my eyes were stuck on her the moment she opened the door. She looked so beautiful and hot. I must have been staring for some time because next thing I registered was she coming towards me and locking our lips, she pressed me on the wall, our tongues intertwining together. When we stopped for air I licked my lip, she was still holding me but she took a step back and fixed my hair that she had messed up a bit.

I put my arms on her shoulders and interlaced my hands on her neck bringing her closer.

"Happy birthday sweetheart" I said smiling and she smiled back bringing her hands to my waist squeezing it gently.

"Thank you"

"We should go or we'll be really late for our reservation"

"Okay"

"But we will finish this later" She added closing the door.

When we arrived we could already feel the vibe of the place, it was dark except for the colorful flashing lights and the smoke effect, the music was loud, you could feel the beat in your body. She took my hand and led us to the lounge area on the second floor. After we were settled at our table we ordered dinner. Here was quieter than the bar area where the dance floor was and we could talk without yelling.