Chapter 9 - Notes played

Isabella's POV

Catherine had invited me to a lunch with her and some of her friends on Tuesday.

I arrived first and she gave me a tour of her house, it was so her, there were paintings and sculptures everywhere, lots of books and pictures and every room had flowers. By the time we finished the tour everyone had arrived.

After lunch we all gathered in the living room, her friends were very nice, we were chatting, I had fun with them. After a while her friends left and she asked if I would join her for tea. I was at Catherine's living room waiting for her, I was a bit anxious, I missed her since the last time I saw her, I looked across the room and there was a piano. I sat down running my finger on the keys, then I started playing a melody, I didn't noticed she approaching until she said something

"That's beautiful" She said with her sexy Welsh accent.

"Oh sorry I didn't ask..." I said

"That's okay" She said coming closer "May I?"

"Sure" I said, it was her piano after all.

She sat down beside me and played some notes, I recognized it, 'River flows in you' we started playing together. My mind would constantly drift from the keys to the sensation of having her so close, making it hard to play but I managed to keep up with her. I could smell her perfume and sometimes our fingers would touch and it felt like electricity wandering my body. That moment on Catherine's living room playing the piano together was surreal.

Once the music ended we turned facing each other, now we were a few inches apart, our gaze locked in one another. I looked into her chocolate eyes, they were warm, then I dropped my gaze to her lips, her perfectly shaped lips. They looked so soft. I could feel her breath on my face, that made me shiver. Slowly I closed the gap between us touching her lips with mine. I felt the same electricity roaming my body. That moment everything slowed down, our lips moved together for a few seconds before I stopped, realizing what I've done. Have you lost your mind?! I screamed internally.

"I-I'm sorry..." I started saying before she interrupted me

"Don't..." She whispered and for my surprise she kissed me. She lifted her hand holding my face, I did the same. This kiss was more urgent, like we've been craving it for a long time. Well I guess we were.

I heard a soft moan coming out of her mouth and I felt my body burning making me let one out too. We slowly separated to catch our breath, our foreheads touching as if we needed to hold each other's weight. Once we calmed down we separated.

"Catherine..." I said facing her, I was nervous. She stayed silent waiting with a serious face

"I like you" I whispered. Her face brightened up. Seconds passed painfully slowly before she said something

"I like you too" She whispered back smiling. Our faces were an inch closer, our breaths were the only sound in the room. We took a moment letting that confession settle in our minds before we locked our lips together again, we took our time exploring each other's mouths, my hands held her face deepening our kiss. Our tongues were interweaved, we were in tune, it was like when we played the piano. Her hands roamed my body resting on my hips, I felt like I was on fire, then we stopped at the sound of a door closing.

We took a few steps apart seconds before we could hear her kids down the hallway. We were breathing hard, we looked at each other, lost in that moment. They entered the living room talking animatedly at the same time, we couldn't understand anything, Catherine laughed getting up and hugging then, that was so sweet. She sent them upstairs to their after school routine then turned to me.

"I should go, I have to get back to the clinic" I said. I could still taste her

"Oh, alright darling" she said. None of us wanting to be apart. She walked with me to the door. We stopped there neither of us knowing what comes next.

"Can I call you later?" I said first

"Please do" She said softly and we shared one last kiss before I left.

I spent the rest of the day remembering our kiss, maybe I was dreaming I thought, no this was real I could still smell her perfume, I felt like a teenager having her first kiss. Our first kiss.

When I got home in the afternoon I called her.

Call on

"Hey Cath"

"Hello darling"

"Are you busy tomorrow?"

"Uh, I have something in the morning, but I believe I have nothing after"

"Would you have dinner with me?"

"Are you asking me out Isabella?"

She said teasingly with her husky musical voice.

"Yes I am Catherine" I said smiling

"I'd love to"

Call off

I have a date with Catherine!!! I said to myself excited, I can't believe this is really happening.

I made the reservation at a restaurant making sure that everything was arranged in the minimal details.

At night I barely slept, I was very anxious for this date and I wanted everything to be perfect for her.

The next day I went to pick her up, she was looked breathtaking as usual, she was wearing a white dress that molded her body perfectly, her hair up in a bun showing off her beautiful neck and heels highlighting her long legs. I opened the car door for her smelling her floral spiced perfume already inebriating me. I got in the car and before I could buckle the sit belt she leaned in kissing me, it was a quick kiss on my lips, then she raised a finger stroking gently my lips to remove the lipstick mark she left. I drove to the restaurant, it was one of the best in NY and was very private, far from the paparazzi frenzy, I wanted her to enjoy a peaceful dinner.

When we arrived the waiter led us to our table, it was a warm night with a light breeze, it was perfect for an outdoor dinner and you could see the beautiful skyline and lights of New York.

I pulled the chair for her, she sat down tanking me and following me with her eyes as I sat down.

There was an instrumental music playing softly on the background, the tables were spaced apart from each other giving a extra sense of privacy.

My eyes met hers, she smiled, every time she smiles my heart jump with happiness. We talked about everything, I said I left my father's company to work with veterinary which she said she was proud of me, making me blush and then she talked about her trip, her kids and her home town. I'm always fascinated with her stories.

After dinner we ordered dessert, it was sweet to see how much Catherine loved chocolate, she looked like a little kid eating candies. I was completely captivated by this amazing creature before my eyes.

When we arrived at her house we stayed a few minutes in the car.

"Thank you for the delightful evening, everything was perfect". She said turning to me

"It was my pleasure"

This time I leaned kissing her, our lips felt like melting, her hands rested on my neck as our tongues glided together slowly. Seconds later we parted needing to breathe, she gave me another peck before getting out of the car, I was still stunned.