(28) Mourning Them

Start from the beginning

He then turns around, needing to hold on to the table as I could see him wanting to crumble to the ground. He lowers his head, weakly slamming his fist against the table. "Fuck Juliette." He groans through his tears. I wipe my own tears, looking towards Austen who was quietly wiping away his own tears, trying to stay strong for our sake. "Tom.." I call out walking towards him. He looks over his shoulder at me, shaking his head. "Get the fuck away from me Juliette." He hisses. I flinch at his words, stopping inches away from him. "I wanted to tell you." I quietly cry. "But I was scared. I was scared you'd resent me. Resent them. And I didn't know what to do. You said you didn't want kids. You left before I could tell you."

He sniffles and looks down at the ultrasound of a tiny little human that at some point was living proof of our love. Conceived during a time where Tom and I were hopelessly in love and genuinely happy. Half of me and half of him. An extension of our hearts and soul.

"Please talk to me." I sob, reaching for him. He grabs my hand, pushing it away from him. "I wouldn't have left had you told me. I wouldn't have resented you or them. But I guess we'll never know. But for what it's worth, I hope Josiah played a good dad." He sniffles, wiping his face with the sleeve of his shirt. "Go to hell Juliette."

He turns around, shouldering me as he storms towards the door. "Please don't leave." I sob chasing after him. He shakes his head, refusing to turn around to face me. "Please, just talk to me. Let's just sit and.. and.. tom please. Josiah was only a supportive friend during the few months I still had the baby." I sob hysterically.

He snorts coldly, opening the front door. "I'm glad Maddox could experience what I couldn't." He steps through the door, stopping almost immediately. "I fucked Gia by the way." He growls, slamming the door shut behind him.

Tom

I slam my fist multiple times against the door. "OPEN THE DOOR!!" I scream, continuing my banging. The door swings wide open a few seconds later.

She leans against the doorframe, batting her eyelashes at me. "I knew you'd come around." She giggles running her hand down my chest. I take a deep shaky breath, finally meeting her gaze.

"Oh shit." She mumbles having noticed that I was crying. Her normal flirtatious and seductive demeanor switches off. She looks behind me noticing I'm alone and grabs my hand pulling me into the house. "You look like shit." She says as she leads me to the couch.

"You are shit." I hiss to her. She scoffs and shakes her head. "Don't be a dick. Something happened if you're here and not wherever Juliette is." She says. I nearly flinch at the sound of Juliette's name. I look at Rosie who looked genuinely concerned and who had a point. Why was I here?

The last thing I wanted was to think of Juliette. The last thing I wanted was to feel, but that was impossible right now. I couldn't shut down the way I normally would. Something wasn't letting me. Because all I could feel was pain. An unexplainable pain and grievance that was dominating me. And right this moment, I wanted to feel anything else but this.

I stare down at Rosie's lips, grabbing her face and pushing my lips against hers. Wanting to distract myself in any way possible. Even if it was with Rosie.

"No, let's not do this." Rosie mumbles pushing me away. Only I don't stop. I grab her again, kissing down her neck as she squirms around trying to push me off. "TOM STOP!" She screams pushing me away.

"YOU'RE ALWAYS THROWING YOURSELF AT ME!!" I scream at her. She fixes her hair, and looks at me frowning. "I do that to get on your nerves Tom. Because I find it funny that I make you uncomfortable. But you don't want this. I'm the last person you'd want to do this with. What's wrong?" She asks me.