Chapter Seven

Fifteen days had passed since Sarah admitted herself at the hospital to treat her broken leg.

Time passed in a blink and she was granted her discharge today. All this while she was relieved that she didn't have to face her lunatic paper husband. But peaceful days were over for her.

After completing her discharge papers, Sarah was wheeled out of the hospital by one of the attendant of the hospital. Most of the staff around hospital knew her condition and felt pity for her.

Fifteen days ago at midnight, Sarah came alone at the hospital, partly crawling and partly dragging her body. She was all alone at that time.Her hands were injured, mouth worn and cut, left leg broken, she was truly in a pitiful state.

The dull figure in front of the medical team fainted right in front of them. There was evident proofs of domestic violence but all they could do was cure her immediately before asking her situation.

When Sarah woke up the next day, she was asked several questions by the medical team in the hope of finding her situation but she did not utter a single word related to it.

In the end, they gave up hopelessly as they could not get any information from her. All they could do was take care of her carefully. She was always alone and had no visitors nor care takers. She did everything herself which made other's feel sad for her.

Such a young girl had nobody to rely on. The world was unfair to her. Time passed and she was finally discharged.

"Please drop this miss at her place." The attendant instructed the taxi driver as he carefully helped her inside the taxi.

"Thank you." Sarah thanked him.

"It's alright, Miss. Please take care of yourself and also take this." He handed her a card.

"This is the toll free number that is available twenty four hours, if you are in any trouble in future, you can call them." He said politely.

Nodding politely Sarah took the card, "I will, thank you."

Bidding goodbye, Sarah's ride moved towards Harris mansion. Once the ride stopped, she was in front of the mansion.

Collecting all her willpower she opened the car door and stepped out of it and slowly walked inside the mansion.

Entering inside the mansion, she went inside the servant room straight away with her uneven steps. When she reached inside the room, she tightly shut the door and laid on the bed breathing heavily.

She had worn all her energy reaching till here. Her leg was painful due to the walk right now. She clenched her eyes and closed it shut, soon she was engulfed in sleep due to exhaustion.

Day passed and it was mid night, Sarah suddenly woke up feeling extremely hungry. She was in a deep thought to weather fill her empty stomach or sleep peacefully.

She broken heartedly chose to sleep empty stomach. She held her stomach tight for a while but could not endure for long. She looked around the room and found stale water on the table. She gulped it down in a single breath.

Filling her stomach with water, she laid down on the bed covering herself inside the blanket. Shutting her eyes tightly, she fell asleep again.