Chapter Four

Early next morning Sarah quietly stood from the corner of the servant's room, tiptoeing towards the bathroom. She washed herself clean even after washing herself several times last night.

While erasing the smell of alcohol and memories of last night, she made a brave decision. She wouldn't involve herself in any matters related to Harris and only perform her duty as the wife and daughter-in-law with no strings attached. Not tangling anything from the beginning and having clear mind will not bring any pain or burdens later.

Today her mind was clear with new spirit and motto in life. She wore her usual clothes and walked inside the mansion. She made simple breakfast for her and Wilson, alongside she prepared hangover drink.

Once the food was ready, she packed her portion and walked out of the mansion. Today she had her class at nine in the morning. Walking half an hour from the mansion, Sarah reached at the metro station. From there it took another hour to finally reach her college.

Running on edge of time, Sarah made to her lecture just in time. She hastily took the nearest seat to the door. Opening her book, she put her power glasses and flipped the book where the lecturer last dropped.

"Good morning class, today we will continue with the labor law." The lecturer started the class.

Seating three hours in the lecture, Sarah's mind was juggling to place all the information in her brain. Finally the lecture was over and she hastily packed her bags.

Her next destination was her part-time job at viva la vie. She waited at this restaurant and it was the place where she met Jules Harris.

She reached there at sharp one and immediately started her shift. Even with the injury, Sarah was able to handle her job swiftly. She was naturally good at her job. Watching her work without any obstacles, most of her colleagues were envious of her inflow of tips.

Just in time, one of Sarah's colleague Donna interrupted her. "Let me take orders at table eighteen, you might be tired."

Before Sarah could say anything Donna walked ahead of her towards table eighteen. As Donna was taking the order one of the person on the table recognized Sarah from afar. "Sarah?" The voice came with uncertainty.

When her name was called Sarah turned her head towards the person calling her. The person on the table waved her hand enthusiastically.

"It's really you, Sarah." Amelia confirmed. "What are you doing here? I had heard from few of our friends that you worked here and I had not believed them but it was really true. Oh! I'm so sorry Sarah, after uncle's death you had to go through so much of trouble." Amelia showed her fake concern, trying to dominate Sarah.

"Oh! I completely forgot to introduce you, everyone meet Sarah.We used to be classmates at dreamland high school and she was the top student back then but her father passed away recently and they had to go through lots of hardship. If you need any of my help you can tell me Sarah." Amelia faked her sadness but inside she was as delighted as warm sun.

'Serves you right, you hideous woman.' Amelia smirked.

Knowing Sarah's story even Donna became delighted quietly. She found something hideous about Sarah which she could use to her benefit in her future.

Nodding to everyone, Sarah said, "Thank you for your concern Amelia but you don't have to be sorry for me."

Amelia's smile paused but she quickly recovered. "Do you still think I snatched Noah from you? You know we were only friends right?" Amelia faked her tears.

Everyone on the table had eyes on Sarah, seeking desperate justice for her friend Amelia. Feeling daggers Sarah replied innocently to Amelia, "I know you both were only friends Amelia, if not then why would he reject you multiple times?"

"You-"

"Even though I was friends with him before I always treated him like my brother so keep your insecurities with yourself and move on Amelia we are not in high school anymore." Sarah drew a clear statement.

"Now if you are finished with your introduction, I would like to resume my work." Sarah nodded and stepped ahead but to her dismay she tripped and fell on the floor with a thud. The giggles surrounded the table.

Sarah swiftly stood from the floor, "Verbal and physical abuse the customer can be banned from entering the premises in coming days. The customer will be penalized two thousand dollars and also be jailed for at least one week."

"What?" The lady shouted. "Do you know who I am?" She gritted her teeth.

Sarah shook her head.

"Great. Once you know my identity, you will regret what you just said." She spit.

"Calm down, Elise calm down. She is nothing but a mere dust in our eyes." Amelia voiced.

Just then the name strike in Sarah's head. Is she really the one that Wilson uttered yesterday? World must be really small if she is the one that Wilson loves.