Chapter One

Drenched in her wedding dress, Sarah stared at her wedding ring with bitterness. Few minutes ago she was married into the most prestigious household in A city but now she is left alone by her groom in the middle of nowhere.

Sarah sighed at her fate and collected her dress with both of her hands. As she walked two steps ahead, her heels gave away. With a crack, she was disbalanced for a moment. "Way to go!", Sarah murmured.

Picking her now broken shoe she looked if she could fix it. Having no avail, she threw her heels in the nearest trash can and walked bare foot. She took each step in a dignified manner and made it to her bridal mansion at midnight.

When arriving at the gate, she was stopped by the security guard who was looking at her appearance from top to bottom. "Who are you looking for?" The guard asked in a rigid manner.

"Wilson Harris," Sarah replied in a monotonous order.

"Mr. Harris has not arrived yet. Please wait outside for him." The guard told her.

Hearing this Sarah gave a subtle nod and sat against the iron gate weighing not just her body but also her emotions. Her mind was running miles away thinking how she ended up being in such a pity state. Hadn't she saved Elder Mrs. Harris, would she end up in this state? Probably not.

That day while waiting at her part-time job, there was a sudden cry from the table near the window. Quickly it was surrounded by number of people.

"Somebody call ambulance." The voice came.

Sarah quickly responded to the crowd and dialed the number to the nearest hospital.

Once the call ended, she made her way towards the table. Seeing the unconscious woman, she remembered her sick mother and unconsciously bent down to check her pulse. 'Her heartbeat is slow.'

"Please make some space, let the air pass." Sarah requested.

Once everyone moved back, she started giving CPR to the old woman. Trying almost five minutes, the old woman took a deep breath and her eye's glimmered.

Watching her gain consciousness,Sarah took the initiative to make her sit. "Are you feeling okay?" Sarah asked.

"A bit. Thank you child." The woman carressed her face with gratitude and care.

"The ambulance is here." Somebody announced.

Sarah held the woman's hand supporting her to stand. The old woman had her eyes stuck on Sarah over the care she'd given to her. "I will meet you soon." The old woman whispered before she was carried by the health care.

After that fateful event, the old woman showed up a week later. "Hello, Sarah." The old woman called her in excitement.

"You!" Sarah hesitated before realizing the woman was the one she had saved.

"Hello, how are you?" Sarah asked politely.

"I'm all well, thanks to you, Sarah," The woman chimed.

"You know my name?" Sarah asked in confusion.

"Not just that. I know alot about you." The woman replied holding Sarah's hand directly.

"Oh! Just when I know much about you, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Jules Harris." The woman introduced herself.

"Let's have a seat and talk alright? I have some important things to discuss with you." Jules dragged Sarah along with her in the nearest table.

"The things I am going to discuss might be bizarre for you but trust me for the past one week I have thought deeply about it." Jules pressed Sarah's hand assuring her upcoming words.

"Child, Please marry my grandson." Jules blurted blowing Sarah's mind.

"What?" Sarah asked shockingly.

"Please hear me out completely. I know your mother is a heart patient and needs heart transplant soon, I can help you with that but in return please marry my grandson, only you can turn him into new leaf." Jules sighed thinking about her notorious grandson.

"I-" Sarah could not say anything. Yes, she needed help for her mother's heart transplant but would that be against sacrificing her own life?

"You don't need to answer me right now. Think about it carefully. You can answer me anytime, here is my card." Jules shoved the card in Sarah's hand.

Sarah nodded but was destiny playing a dirty game with her? At the same time her phone rang on her pocket. "Hello!" Sarah received the call.

"Miss Sarah. I am calling you from Midas hospital. Mrs. Wills is in a critical condition, please come as soon as possible."The nurse spoke.

"Alright." Sarah hushed slipping phone  off her hand.

"What happened my child?" Jules asked Sarah with concern.

"My-mother..." Sarah could not finish her sentence.

"I have to leave." Sarah stood abruptly.

Just then Jules held her hand. "Let me take you there." Sarah nodded thanking her.

As they arrived to the hospital, they were notified that Rena needed urgent heart transplant and could not be delayed any longer.

Sarah slipped on the floor, sobbing tremendously. Never in her entire life had she felt so helpless. She could not let her mother die but the only option she had would lead to the life full of thrones.

"Mrs. Harris, can you save my mother?" Sarah looked at Jules with eyes full of tears.

"Of course, I will try my best." Jules replied sincerely.

"Then I will marry, I will marry your grandson." Sarah decided. She had to choose her mother's life rather than her happiness.

*****
After long long break, I'm back with my new story. In this period life happened. Had graduated, started working and many more. But with the promise of completing this series, I am starting this book.
Please love and support my humble writing. 😇