Chapter Three

"Right on time." Nina chimed from the kitchen taking Sarah off all of a sudden. Holding her breath Sarah proceeded towards the kitchen.

"Just take your seat, the breakfast is almost ready." Nina handed a cup of milk to Sarah.
"This will help your body to warm."

"Thank you." Sarah thanked her.

Right when Sarah took her seat, someone slapped her on her left cheek. Pak! The sound came. Looking at the owner of the hand that slapped her, Sarah's eyes widened.

"Couldn't you shut your mouth in front of my grandma?" Wilson roared making Sarah confused.

Processing what was happening, Wilson continued. "Are you satisfied that I was scolded by my own grandmother because of you? Oh wait! Will you complain about this too? Listen carefully you bitch, you have invited your misery on your own. I will make sure you will regret the day you agreed to marry me and dreamt of becoming Mrs. Harris and enjoying the life of riches. Your life will be nothing but a doom." Wilson promised to make Sarah's life miserable.

Once he was done threatening her, he quickly went out of the villa.

Getting the senses after long while, Sarah finally hissed from the pain coming from her right hand. Her hand was scalded after the milk on her hand spilled when Wilson slapped her. Noticing the pain just now, Sarah felt her chest burning.

"I'm extremely sorry, Young Madam." Nina apologized with concern and regret. "I called old madam and reported her about the situation here but who would have known it would turn more grave here." Nina explained herself.

"It's alright, Nina. It is not your fault anyway but please ignore whatever happens here in future. Don't worry about me, I will be just fine." Sarah gave her a final nod.

"Alright." Nina sighed feeling guilty. "Let me take care of your injury before it gets worse." Nina came forward to look at Sarah's wound.

"The cuts from previous and the burns from hot milk has escalated the wound." Nina trembled looking at Sarah's hands.

"I will make a call to family doctor." Nina stood but was stopped in midway.

"There's no need for that. If we called the family doctor, Elder Mrs. Harris will be notified about this and I don't want her to know. Let's just treat the wound as much as we can here." Sarah requested to which Nina nodded.

Sorting her wound Sarah walked back to her room. Once she was alone, she took out her old phone calling the only number in her contact. "Hello mom." Sarah greeted.

"Sarah." The voice came from the other side.

"Mom." Sarah started to melt hearing her mother's voice.

"Are you alright,Sarah? What happened my dear." Rena asked in concern.

"I just missed you." Sarah replied sniffing.

"I missed you too my dear. Just visit me at my hospital if you missed me so much." Rena suggested Sarah.

"I want to but.." Sarah looked at her hands and shook the thought, "my work requires to travel,right now I am at city C. It's so far from city A. I will visit you once my job is done here." Sarah lied.

"Just take care of yourself dear, you are a strong girl." Rena consoled her daughter.

"Yes mom." Sarah cried silently. "I will hang up now, please take of yourself mom." Sarah said feeling emotional to end the call.

"You too my dear." Rena replied lovingly.

After Sarah hung her phone, she started crying once again. Bitterness was understatement, she felt pained and trapped.

Just like that she was curled up like a ball on the corner of the room leaning on both of her arms, she could not remember when she fell asleep there.

But the silence was broken when she felt a chilling cold liquid was poured on her taking her off guard. "Why do I have to marry this good for nothing trash? Why?" Wilson slurred losing his footings.

Wilson was completely drunk and recked of alcohol. "Why?" He muttered.

Facing the drunk Wilson, Sarah was frightened and could not move an inch. She seemed to freeze from the sudden pressure.

Moments later, she heard soft snores from Wilson. She stood up and walked to check on him. She checked him again and again just to make sure he was really asleep. She shouldered his weight and pulled him from the floor and dragged him towards the bed.

Once he lied on the bed, Sarah took his shoe off and loosen his tie. She brought a bowl of water and clean towel. She cleaned his face, hands and feet.

Just as she was going to finish, Wilson sobbed in his dream. "Don't... Please don't leave me... Elise please... Elise... Elise..."

His murmur broke Sarah into pieces. Who was he begging? His lover? If that is so then what does that make her?

Unconsciously Sarah ran inside the bathroom and locked the door behind hastily. "God, what have I got myself into." Sarah placed both her hands on her eyes and started sobbing.