Kevin began to clap, slowly. "Jim Halpert, ladies and gentlemen," he declared. Evelyn smiled warmly. Her eyes not once leaving Jim's. He had lost, fair and square, and he would do it again if it meant he could see that smile on her face again. "Thank you very much," he chuckled, jokingly waving his hand in a bow. "It was fun."

          "Taking your money is very fun," she teased playfully, drawing the chips near her. He snorted. His eyes so full of love for the woman in front of him that it was almost blinding. Kevin rolled his eyes at the two. "Congratulations, Evelyn," Kevin said and the brunette nodded appreciatively back at her co-worker. "Thank you, Kevin," she replied, her tone cheery. The win had left her with a buzz. "Wanna play?" she asked. His brows shot upward. After he had gotten destroyed by Phyllis, he had retired to being the dealer. But this challenge was tempting. "I'll play you," Roy said, standing behind Jim with a lopsided grin. "Deal us in, Malone?"

          Her eyes narrowed at Roy. Jim stood to switch places with him. His hands immediately went to his pockets. He offered his girl an apologetic look. "I'm going to grab you a drink," he said, and Evelyn nodded in acknowledgement. The act enough to make her heart beat just a little bit faster. "Thank you," she replied sweetly. He winked, playfully, before slipping away. Leaving Evelyn and Roy to battle out at the cards table. Evelyn met Roy's eyes. "Are you sure you want to do this?" she asked, her tone laden with humor. "Don't you want to save up some money for your honeymoon?"

          "Wow," Roy barked out a laugh. She smiled, pleased with his reaction. If she can get under his skin, maybe she can get this money. For her cause, and a bit for bragging rights. "So, I heard you've been helping Pam out with the wedding." Her brows lifted slightly. Curiosity flooded the forefront of her mind. His eyes softened. "Thanks." She looked taken aback by his sentiment. Her head nodded almost imperceptibly. "Sure," she replied. "Someone needs to." She hadn't meant to sound so accusatory, but maybe she could make Roy understand that what he's doing isn't fair. He nodded. Arms crossed over his chest as Kevin dealt out the cards.

Their eyes met and it's like they had a silent conversation. Roy sighed. "I know you don't like me," he informed her. His gaze unwavering. "I know you think I'm bad for Pam." Her brows furrowed. It wasn't like she kept it a secret. She had always had a problem with Roy and not just for how he treated Pam. Roy's a bully. "But I love her, and you love her. Let her be happy." She scoffed.

"Can you make her happy?" she asked, tone dripping with seriousness. "Think about it for a second. Do you really believe that you can make her happy? Are you willing to make sacrifices and compromises for her and for her benefit?" He blinked. The calm demeanor he held slowly faded away. His elbows rested against the table, a finger pointing in her direction. "This is what pisses me off about you. You always act like you're better than me."

Her brows furrowed. "No, I don't," she argued instantly. Kevin cleared his throat awkwardly. Roy sat back in his chair. "Alright. Whatever. Get ready to lose everything you got," Roy warned. Her eyes rolled skyward. She was really going to enjoy taking his money.

━━━━━━━━━━

          "Smoke?"

          A plume of white exited his lips as the cold, night air encased him in a hug. A cigarette extended to him, the tip resembling a cherry. Jim shook his head, approaching Jan silently. Hands in his pockets, head hanging low. "No, thanks," he replied politely. He stood next to her, looking up at the night sky. The moon high above their heads. "You having fun?"